• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Your sign estimating software

ams

I posted this in General Software and never got a reply in 36 hours so you can delete that one.

What kind of sign estimating software do you use? I've seen prices $249 - >$400. Also some are just a monthly fee of $39.

I'd prefer to purchase it and not have a monthly fee, and I don't like the excel estimating programs because those are cheaply designed and made and not worth it. I'd rather use a program.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
36 hours isn't that long. Many people only tune in once or twice a week and contribute slowly. Try not to be so anxious.

We use QuickBooks. Costs about $400 for the version we have and then about $150 every three years to upgrade it and you must upgrade it.

Malkin

We built our own rather complex excel spreadsheet to use. We also have a binder full of pages for prices on common items. Sometimes I just cost it up by hand.

We used to have a 3 tier system based on how simple or fancy the signs was, now our 3 tier system is

Economy (very simple copy, no proof, white background etc)
Customer provided art (think "Camera Ready")
Art/Design by us (can vary quite a bit)

ams

I see you all make your own, but was hoping someone used pre-made professional sign software that they could recommend. The sign writers price guide says for a 3 X 6 banner two colors I should be charging $200. That seems highly expensive as I normally would do it for about $110.

Letterbox Mike

GraphixCalc is very very good and accurate and it's inexpensive compared to most. You have to do a lot of upfront setup to get your costs set right (but this is true with any program thats going to give you accurate pricing), but once you get things set right it's very fast and we've never had it give us an inaccurate price.

sardocs

We just bought GraphixCalc last week. We have been using the pencil, calculator, and "gut feeling" method since about 1977. It's been fun so far learning how to use the program. Already it has got me re-thinking our shoprate. I think it has about paid for itself already.

ams

Sounds great, I looked at it and its a decent price, but I only need 1 license not 2, so emailed them to see if I could just get 1.

ova

We use Quick Books for billing, but adjust pricing in there. Most of the work on the awards side of the business is custom work, so it's hard to have a set price.

VTSigns

We use Cyrious Software. It cost about $2500 8 years ago. Haven't had to upgrade it yet. It's a very easy to use and professional option. I know there is software called Estimate but it carries a monthly fee. Check out Cyrious.

Steve G.

GraphixCalc is very very good and accurate and it's inexpensive compared to most. You have to do a lot of upfront setup to get your costs set right (but this is true with any program thats going to give you accurate pricing), but once you get things set right it's very fast and we've never had it give us an inaccurate price.

Absolutely Agree!
Been using graphix calc for about 4-5 years.. Very Happy with it.
Graphix calc works Flawlessly for most all of our work, and after initial set up, very fast and easy to use.

We also use quickbooks to submit estamates and billing.

sardocs

For us the second license allows it to be installed on the desktop pc but can be used on the wireless laptop. Any data input into either computer automatically updates on both.

American & Proud

I bought GraphixCalc Pro and QuickBooks Pro 2010.

I like GraphixCalc and like that I can have it on my laptop as well.

And I carry SignCrafts 2010 Sign Pricing Guide in mine and my wifes cars at all times.

BobM

GraphixCalc Pro for the last two years. Excellent software at an affordable price. Short learning curve.

ams

We use Cyrious Software. It cost about $2500 8 years ago. Haven't had to upgrade it yet. It's a very easy to use and professional option. I know there is software called Estimate but it carries a monthly fee. Check out Cyrious.

I looked at that, and there is no information about downloads or a price anywhere on the website, you have to call them for a demo and prices. So I ignored them.

trakers

I looked at that, and there is no information about downloads or a price anywhere on the website, you have to call them for a demo and prices. So I ignored them.

Exactly the same here. Too much like a "used car salesman" pricing tactic for us. I picture the cost being a percentage of your shops gross sales.

visual800

price is not determined by a pricing guide in our shop...price depends on budget, complexity, customers attitude, the economy and the amount of sale I have done or have not done