• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Z 6100

kev324

HP z6100? There's a UV version of it? I have the 60" non PS version. Works well for indoor use stuff. I mainly use it for tradeshow booths. It's been rock solid for us.

CropMarks

I used one at the old shop that I used to work at and I would say for a water based machine they are pretty good. The color it could produce was really great.... It could actually hit blues without going crazy purple. It also did a really nice job on straight up pantone colors. They were pretty straight forward as far as replacing heads.... they would last for a good amount of time, but would have to be replaced every now and then.

things I didn't like about them...
1. the paper spindles are terrible. they will last as long as you use the fold-down tray thingy to load the media. just don't drop it! I ended up using molded hot glue to remake the broken end.

2. paper feed system is annoying to say the least. feed through the front... up and around.... they're really touchy about the media lining up just perfect. canvas used to drive me nuts!

3. well, that's all I can think of.... so I guess they're good machines... just be careful with the spindles.

miked.