• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Zip files

signkrazy

I've never had to zip files, but need to learn how. I'm starting to have problems emailing designs that are to big. Can someone help me out.

iSign

or if you are running Windows XP, just right click on the file & click on "Send to" and then choose "compressed (zip) folder"

Done!

Extracting from other .zip files is just as easy, right click. "extract"

KR3signguy

drevil_sp.jpg

grafxxx

what you should do is get adobe acrobat professional. that way you can export your eps then convert them to pdf's with in that program you can change settings for email it keeps the quality but lowers the rez i get 8 meg files down to 300kb and looks good on the end user's computer

Ken

In Windows XP, My Pictures..when you select a photo to be e-mailed it gives the question.." Do you want to make your photos smaller?"
Say "Yes" and it will automatically compress the jpeg a lot. From say, 2 MB to 150 kb.
That's what I do.
Cheers!
Ken

TLG

Install winzip and right click the file and click add to ?????.RAR done
Question? I've worked with a fair number of zip files and I'm running WinZip 11.1 now. I got a .rar file last week and I can't open it. Any ideas as to why and what will do the trick?

Thanks!

Lunatic Taskbar

I use IZarc http://www.izarc.org/ and its free, and works pretty much the same as winzip, it will also open rar files as well. here is there speil

IZArc is the ultimate freeware archive utility supporting many archive formats like: 7-ZIP, A, ACE, ARC, ARJ, B64, BH, BIN, BZ2, BZA, C2D, CAB, CDI, CPIO, DEB, ENC, GCA, GZ, GZA, HA, IMG, ISO, JAR, LHA, LIB, LZH, MDF, MBF, MIM, NRG, PAK, PDI, PK3, RAR, RPM, TAR, TAZ, TBZ, TGZ, TZ, UUE, WAR, XXE, YZ1, Z, ZIP, ZOO. With a modern easy-to-use interface, IZArc provides support for most compressed and encoded files, as well as access to many powerful features and tools. It allows you to drag and drop files from and to Windows Explorer, create and extract archives directly in Windows Explorer, create multiple archives spanning disks, creating self-extracting archives, repair damaged zip archives, converting from one archive type to another, view and write comments and many more. IZArc has also build-in multilanguage support.

and again its FREE my friends.

Also its worth noting that most email accounts cant send files larger than 2mb... some can. specificaly googles Gmail I belive can do upto 20mb.

But Zipping it will certainly cut the size down for you.

Kenny sent me a 70meg file a couple weeks ago thru yousendit.com . Its an ftp site you upload to and it send me an email to download it. I had a customer try yesterday to send me 8 neg file so I sent her to yousendit and a minute larter I had the file...

Jackpine

I use yousendit.com. Works very good for large file transfers. There is a free version also.
Kenny sent me a 70meg file a couple weeks ago thru yousendit.com . Its an ftp site you upload to and it send me an email to download it. I had a customer try yesterday to send me 8 neg file so I sent her to yousendit and a minute larter I had the file...