• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Zund and Multicam operator

JuRoc

Id like to introduce my self.
I have been an operator for zund and multicam machines.
Some ayxx routers also.
Experience with EFI printers.
Im a guy of short words...

but i join because today i was doing maintenance on the zund. Ive noticed that one of bar feeder clamps would go down but struggle to come up. I took it off and cleaned it and oiled it which did nothing.
If anyone can guide me into the right direction to fix those i would appreciate it. Without going to zund and spend 300+ on that.. thanks!

Attachments

• 20231218_074138.jpg
    20231218_074138.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 124

JBurton

Signtologist
Such empty.
Welcome to the forum! Plenty of zund owners around here, I'm sure someone has an idea what's amiss. Is it an air driven part? If so, do you have good pressure, and dry air?

nsm

Does is slide without binding? If it binds try removing the foot and see if the actuator and guide rods slide freely.

If removing the foot allow it to travel freely then one of the rods has a slide bend. You can either try to replace the rod or you can put the foot back on but leave it slightly loose so it has some wiggle but make sure to use red lock right on the threads.

If removing the foot didn't resolve the issue I'm sure you can source the pneumatica for much less than going through Zund. Just need to figure out stroke length and you will be able to find a replacement smc, mindman, festo pneumatic cylinder.

I prefer mindman, those were the pneumatica I always designed in to machines. The contract manufactured most the cylinders for the big German names.

Flatbed Tools

Merchant Member

Hello JuRoc,

Welcome to the community! It's always great to have someone with your extensive experience with Zund and Multicam cutting tables, as well as other routers and EFI printers.

Regarding the issue you're experiencing with the Zund feeding bar / feeder paw, since cleaning and oiling didn't resolve it, here are a few more specific steps to consider:
  1. Inspect Return Springs: Check the return springs on the feeder paws. These springs can often break or wear out, and each feeder paw should have two springs. If they are damaged, replacing them could resolve the issue.
  2. Feeder Paws Adjustment: The feeder paws have two brass thumb screws. The lower one is to clamp the feeder paws to the dovetail on the beam. Make sure this is secure but not overly tightened. The upper screw controls the pneumatic air to the unit and should be fully opened for proper operation.
  3. Pneumatic Check Valve: There could be an issue with the pneumatic check valve on the air line that connects to the feeder paws. If this valve is malfunctioning, it could affect the movement of the paw. Inspecting and, if necessary, replacing this valve might be needed.
If you require any further assistance, feel free to reach out. We specialize in providing service for Zund machines.

Best of luck with your troubleshooting!