• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Zund Conveyor Belt Cut Into

DoubleDown

Had a bit slip out of a collett tonight, anyone know how to seam the path it cut through the belt? I know they use some sort of wood epoxy glue to seam the actual conveyor belt together so just curious.

kev324

That sucks! I had an incident where the router went through the mats all the way into the air table. Still not sure exactly what happened. I AKI'd the bit after a change(went to a substantially shorter bit), bit showed no signs of slippage. Zund went through the software remotely and didn't see anything amiss. Best guess we got is the module got jammed going up and thought it was in the up position when it was not. Anyways, when I talked to them they said just regular hot glue. Tape the cut from the backside if you can reach it and fill with hot glue.

Grizzly

It’s all about your print!
Zund Cutter Mat

The technician that did the install used super tacky duct tape to tape the back side of the belt and then used epoxy to seal the 1/8" gap on the front side. The guy that trained us screwed up and was messing with the POT unit and cut all the way through our mat, broke the bit, and put a good hard 4" x 4" scratch into bed. Yah, it made me think...."so this is the guy that is training me?" I made him sign the back of the square! HA HA! Anyway, since there was none of the mat missing he put it back in and we used gorilla glue to seal it up. It has worked great, other than the stupid little square that i can see that mostly just bugs me. I'm a little OCD. After 2 months of running the machine, I could train him way better than he trained me!
If I can ever figure out how to attach a photo i'll put them on here. It keeps rejecting my pictures.

Jeremy

SamUK

We had an issue a short while back with a new guy on our Zund. He'd been doing it a couple weeks by this point but still needed a helping hand. Anyway, after having spent a couple hours cutting sheets using the drag knife he paged the bed forward and, lo and behold, he'd been cutting through the conveyor the entire time. He watched in horror as the bed paged forward, falling apart and scattering all over the floor.
All in all the full 2.5m bed was shredded and had to be completely replaced. The remainder of the bed on the underside of the zund made for an excellent surface with which to cover the table used for hand-cutting though.

Grizzly

It’s all about your print!
We had an issue a short while back with a new guy on our Zund. He'd been doing it a couple weeks by this point but still needed a helping hand. Anyway, after having spent a couple hours cutting sheets using the drag knife he paged the bed forward and, lo and behold, he'd been cutting through the conveyor the entire time. He watched in horror as the bed paged forward, falling apart and scattering all over the floor.
All in all the full 2.5m bed was shredded and had to be completely replaced. The remainder of the bed on the underside of the zund made for an excellent surface with which to cover the table used for hand-cutting though.

It's nice to know that were not the only ones that have issues with techs and machine installs.
But don't you think that when you buy a $200,000 machine and they separate out that you're paying $5000 for training, that your trainer should know what he is doing?

SamUK

Zund technicians and customer service are horrendous, they barely know more than the layman. Being the sole producers of their consumables mean they overcharge like a mother****er too.

cdiesel

Really? We've been absolutey happy with Zund America's service, knowledge, and overall experience.. The couple questions we've had were answered immediately over the phone or by remoting into our machine. We've ordered a bunch of modular parts for our machine since the initial purchase and every transaction has been handled by someone who knew what they were talking about, got us exactly what we needed, and as soon as the part arrived they were there to help us activate everything in CutCenter.

Also consider the fact that there are (when we had our machine installed last year) six techs in the USA to service some 2200 machines, and that speaks volumes.

I'll agree with the priciness of their stuff. Consumables aren't bad, but the cutter and parts are expensive.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing

We have used this to repair and replace belts in the past. Seems to work pretty well.

Last edited: