• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Zund polishing bit

Bly

Any Zund users have the P201 polishing bit?
If so how does it perform?
They aren't cheap so some feedback from a user would be great.

Superior_Adam

I do not have one but saw stuff it was used on when I was doing a demo at their headquarters. We have a flame polisher already and the edge the Zund puts out is already very smooth so if we want a polished edge we hit it with a quick pass using that. It would be interesting to hear others thoughts.

thomlov

I've got a couple of those polishing bits, using both for the Zund and the multicam. Works as intended, and leaves a very nice edge, straighter than flame polishing. Takes some time depending on how thick acrylic, since it has to polish only 5mm at the time.

• Agree
Reactions: Bly

rossmosh

I work with several people that specialize in acrylic. I can tell you that they all basically agree that flame polishing is their least favorite way to get a polished edge.

They all either use a laser cutter, diamond polish discs/tools, or use a buffing wheel.

Z SIGNS

While the mask is still on the plastic spray the edges with a gloss clear. Try it you will be very amazed at how easy it is to do and how good it looks.

• Agree
Reactions: Bly