• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

05 f150 full wrap price question

abadsvt

My friend owns a security company and asked if i would wrap his truck. Of course he wants the "friend hookup". I haven't wrapped a truck yet only trailers so i decided to do it. Good experience. I'm almost done with the truck which is looking great and was thinking to my self that i hooked him up too much. Somehow i must have miscallculated the amount of sqft. He has a 05 f150 extended cab with a 6.5' bed. I am wrapping everything except for the roof. My price to him was $1425. After doing almost all of it i'm surprised by the amount of work for the amount i charged him. Now i know its the friend hook up but was curious on what would be the going rate for a complete wrap like this. He is going to owe me alot of beer if its alot more. I figured it to be around 150sqft total. Any comments would be great . Thanks

Mosh

$3,000-$4,000! People doing "hook-ups" drive the price down for the rest of us doing it for a living so THANK YOU!!!!! HOPE YOUR HOOK-UP WAS SPECIAL!!!!! Now he is going to tell 10 of his buddies how much it was and they will in turn tell ten of their buddies.....Now the ASSumed price is $1500. Thanks!!!!!

SignManiac

Mosh no need to piss in the guys cornflakes. He already knows he screwed himself. Expensive lesson learned. Let your buddy know he got the deal of the century, and make sure all of his friends know he paid $3k for it. No need to tell the real price if he is indeed a friend.

Mosh

Nothin' like getting paid to learn.

Loosing money to learn is more like it! Did I mention this cat from the house down the road has been messing around my house. It is like 2 miles away and still keeps craping in my yard. Well that SOB cat learned its lesson. I hooked up our cattle electric fence to a bowl and put some meat out there for that F'ing cat. I have never seen a cat jump so high, and the best part is that is came back and did it like 4 times!!! F'ing cat. I guess it is hungry!

Pat Whatley

ZZZZIIIIPPPPP!!!!(I have had a beer or 14)

I've been missing the Mosh drinkin', drivin', shootin', and screwin' stories.

Don't sweat what you didn't make on the wrap. Just make damn sure your buddy knows how much it should have cost and to make sure he knows that the price he paid is just between you and him.

abadsvt

Everybody relax! We have been friends for the last 12yrs. He knows he is getting hooked up and i told him in the beginning that the price is strictly between Him and I. No one else. I'm not sure how i miscalculated so much. I mean a few hundred, okay, I'm learning but thats a big difference. I figured it should be around 2200 normal price. I think i probably didn't take into consideration all the little parts (front bumber, trim piece around the hood, above the doors). Thanks for help!

advsign22

He needs to wash and clean the wax off the truck. Plus pull and re-install any mirrors...plus clean the shop after that cheap of a price.

Over 3400 back when I done those type trucks fully wrapped, 3 years ago.

Last edited:

encadtech

Yeah - it doesn't look like that muck work from the onset - 3 pieces to estimating wraps - Time for design - 300-500 / Materials - $16sq. (include the vinyl that hits the floor) - Labor for install. Its easy to give this type of work away.

k6media

Around 3k just for the wrap itself... Based on the square footage of the truck and if it was printed properly.. you shouldn't be loosing money on the material end of things.. but you are giving your time for free basically....

Chalk it up as a learning experience.. personally our friends discount is more along the lines of 15%... At the end of the day you are in business to make money.. and friends should get a discount, but not to the point where you aren't making money.

HulkSmash

You should price per square foot.

Easy Surfaces - $14 sq ft.
Difficult surfaces - $16 sq ft.

that includes design,print, and install.

MikePro

your price should have been for the wrap itself, but you forgot to add your $250+++ for the hours spent setting up artwork and prepping the truck/print for install.
friend hookups should still pad their prices a bit... as you become a d.bag friend REAL QUICK when you can't fix any issues, without losing your ass, when they occur.

give them 2 prices (i'll usually say $6-9 per sq.ft, but I usually charge at least $10 (installed) and there's gotta be a setup fee of some sort, as design time usually gets billed out at $50-100/hr... high price if its a PITA but you'll try your best to make it work for the low if things go smoothly. If he complains about the price, just remind him that on any given day the advertisement alone is paying for his gas while he's driving around... and no one will care more about the job than you if issues occur with the wrap.

(also noted: sorry if my prices seem a bit low, i posted before reading everyone else's but its still twice what some guy in his garage is vomiting on people's cars for.)