• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

10' x 200' Sign!?!?!

Letterbox Mike

We did a 10x40 with this...

http://bannergrip.com/

Its for unlimited lengths.

I'm assuming since he said this is going on the backside of bleachers there will not be a solid wall behind the sign, it'll be open. If that's the case, I don't think I'd trust a system like Banner Grip. A mesh banner with poclets, poles and rachets, yes, but not a regular flex face style banner frame. At least nor for a 2000 square foot banner...

I'm assuming since he said this is going on the backside of bleachers there will not be a solid wall behind the sign, it'll be open. If that's the case, I don't think I'd trust a system like Banner Grip. A mesh banner with poclets, poles and rachets, yes, but not a regular flex face style banner frame. At least nor for a 2000 square foot banner...

Make a steel frame to mount it to and it's done. We did a free standing one of these with a steel frame.

Mosh

Why is everyone trying to make this a banner project? It calls for aluminum panels, and tubing frame. No where did they say anything anout a banner.

TheSellOut

Mosh is right, the customer wants this sign to last as long as possible so a banner or even digitally printed panels won't be an option, unless there is a print that will last as long as a 3M Hign Performance vinyl. Paint is an option, But I plan on installing the panels then the graphics towards the end of March and who knows what the weather will be like.

Last edited:

Signguyno1

Why is everyone trying to make this a banner project? It calls for aluminum panels, and tubing frame. No where did they say anything anout a banner.

Could it be that 85% are printers and plotter masters, and the other 15% are actually sign makers?:doh:

Pat Whatley

Wouldn't it be easier and cheaper to do this as a banner?

Why do people on this site continually try to turn good jobs into cheap jobs? It happens every time somebody posts anything about a potential job that's gonna run more than $500.

We'd all be a lot better served trying to figure out how to turn cheap jobs into good jobs.

Letterbox Mike

Why do people on this site continually try to turn good jobs into cheap jobs? It happens every time somebody posts anything about a potential job that's gonna run more than $500.

We'd all be a lot better served trying to figure out how to turn cheap jobs into good jobs.

:goodpost:

TheSellOut

So it wasn't quite 10' x 200', but it still was the largest single sign job that I have ever quoted and produced and it turned out beautiful. The sign ended up being 7't x 150' long, framed out with four horizontal rows of 1" aluminum tubing, qty of 36 4' x 7' black/orange Alumalite panels butted together with aluminum "H" channel.

The letters and graphics are all Oracal's 951 series vinyl and were applied in shop, three panels at a time. The orange alumalite panels were covered in the 951 with the help of Dale's "Big Squeegee"...Love that thing! I was going to have them painted in an automotive finish but the painters let me down at the last minute. All in all it took about 3.5 weeks from start to install!

It is the backside of the bleachers to the schools main field.

Attachments

• TASD2.jpg
    TASD2.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 65

Mikeifg

I'd be tryin' to sell them on a banner if possible for this application, and sub it to Mike.

Me? Oh no I'm too busy getting outbid on truck door decals by the guy down the road who wants to do 2 color plus dot numbers and unit numbers for 20.00:rock-n-roll: