• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

1000 masking layers

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I'm trying to import a land plat into Flexi and there is a making layer for EACH letter. 1000 masks. Is there away to break all that out using Flexi or Illustrator all at once?

2B

are you looking to edit in Flexi or just print?

Do not have / use Flexi, but when we have issues with layers and our RIP program, we use a different format.
can you export as a flattened PDF or a PNG?

bannertime

Should be an unmask all on the right click in flexi. Same with Illustrator, somewhere in the menu you can select>all clipping mask>unmask all or something. Flexi will likely create a big black box, or a bunch of that you'd need to delete. Illustrator will create a bunch of blank path layers.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Should be an unmask all on the right click in flexi. Same with Illustrator, somewhere in the menu you can select>all clipping mask>unmask all or something. Flexi will likely create a big black box, or a bunch of that you'd need to delete. Illustrator will create a bunch of blank path layers.

Where is unmask all in Flexi? I only see "Unmask"

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
are you looking to edit in Flexi or just print?

Do not have / use Flexi, but when we have issues with layers and our RIP program, we use a different format.
can you export as a flattened PDF or a PNG?

No, I don't want to flatten it.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
I've dealt with the lovely 10,000 layers of a plat map - I feel for you. I wasn't trying to do anything in flexi though - I was cleaning it up in Illustrator. It took for ever. I realize this isn't helpful - Just wanted to share that I know your pain :mad:

ikarasu

I get this a lot when importing pdf files -I dont know why pdf likes to mess up and add a ton of clipping paths it doesn't need. I use a script from powerscript - I believe it's $15.... It's paid for itself a dozen times.

https://o2creative.co.nz/shop/FixIt_PowerScript_for_Adobe_Illustrator

upload_2020-2-17_14-55-16.png

I purchased the package for $40 -

https://o2creative.co.nz/shop/Power...and_Edit_Script_Package_for_Adobe_Illustrator

The dimensions script is nice for proofs/etc.

bannertime

Where is unmask all in Flexi? I only see "Unmask"

Sorry, I just got back here. Attached is a screenshot. Next step is deciphering which path to keep and which to delete.

I'm assuming that it's a bunch of gradients or something behind all the mask. Which will be a nightmare. Best bet is doing it in Illustrator or whatever native program they used and exporting it properly.

Attachments

• Annotation 2020-02-17 200939.png
    Annotation 2020-02-17 200939.png
    159.9 KB · Views: 222

Evan Gillette

Like bannertime said, right click unmask all, then use select by attributes ( shortcut is "d") to selct the black rectangles and delete...its not going to be fun but cross your fingers and hope it works