• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

1204 1st Hiccup

copythat

Seems that we are getting banding (wave of course). Tech send us a new profile & no effect. Banding accurs only with black background. Prints of photos are ok, even when looked at close. Tech also said that it might be temp in room. This is only occuring on photo paper. Banner & adhesive vinyl no problem. Just photo paper [GRSCH946).

Check image

1212081005.jpg

jiarby

If it prints fine on other media then I would say your tech is right. Media profile issue...or media issue. Temp settings, ink restrictions. How do your nozzle checks look??

randya

I dont recognize the media, but if you are printing a 'rich' black that can be a lot of ink in that black.

What 'mode' are you printing with?
After covering jiarby's suggestions, you may just want to slow the printer down and give all that ink some time to dry.

You can print uni or you can add a delay under:
Setup
Overwrite wait

ValueJet Menu Structure

Page Feed

Temp settings

Snowbiter

have adjusted the print feed adjust every material will run through tyh eprinter different i have the 1604 and i check the print feed adjust on every project that I want absolutly perfect and once every couple days i check the bi directional alingment

Compilla

New Avatar Randya ?

Looks like a media-profile & environmental Issue to me.

Who makes that media and where you get it from ?

copythat

Media

New Avatar Randya ?

Looks like a media-profile & environmental Issue to me.

Who makes that media and where you get it from ?

This perticular media was purchased through GRS Graphics Resource Solutions. We've had this problem in the past. They provided us a new profile & BAM it worked. Now were back to the waves. Nozzle ck is good!

Always a big thanks to guys for helping.

Randya...X-cellent! On avatar

jiarby

Looks like a company that is importing whatever media they can get and OEM'ing it.

It's kind of like mystery meat... you never know what's in there. Maybe their supplier changed the material, or GRS changes suppliers for the same part#?

Compilla

provided us a new profile & BAM it worked. Now were back to the waves. Nozzle ck is good!

Randya...X-cellent! On avatar

I had the exact same issue with some "OEM" vinyl. To get the job done I set the print mode to Quality 1 and that did the trick.

Will never buy those mysterious OEM brands...

copythat

Media Suggestion

I had the exact same issue with some "OEM" vinyl. To get the job done I set the print mode to Quality 1 and that did the trick.

Will never buy those mysterious OEM brands...

Might you recommend a brand name & # for future orders?

Thanks