• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

$1500 shaper origin handheld cnc router at the end of this month who's buying?

aluminumwelder

[video=youtube;jxQ_NH4bj9o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxQ_NH4bj9o[/video]

I've been waiting years for this hand held cnc router to come out! Finally got an email they will be selling at the end of this month!

I know the pros will laugh at me. I had wanted a $1500 X carve for a while, but seems like many users had issues with cutting 16 gauge aluminum which is one of my main materials in the shop.

Most of my projects are laser cut in big 100 piece or larger orders so the real purpose of a cnc router for me is to do one off projects quickly and percisely. this new tools should fit that purpose nicely.
Anyone else excited to buy one?

mpn

That is interesting. How does it interface with your computer or is it self contained?

2B

if it can interface with a PC, that would be awesome to do custom cutting of your contour shaping

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Interesting.
We do some contour cut one-off ceiling danglers each month - cut out of 3 to 5mil smooth pvc.
If the contour is too complex we send them out to another shop with a table.
If the price is right this could be a better fit for us over a CNC with the low volume we do.

Thanks for the links

wayne k
guam usa

letterman7

I'm trying to figure out what the dot matrix strips are for. Interesting machine.. but I think I can still cut a gear shape by hand faster and more accurate on a bandsaw with a pattern.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I'm trying to figure out what the dot matrix strips are for. Interesting machine.. but I think I can still cut a gear shape by hand faster and more accurate on a bandsaw with a pattern.

Look like registration marks - same as contour cutting a digital print. Think you laydown the tape then pre-scan the tape in the area you want to cut and the app locks the drawing into that area on the screen to keep the router on track while you move it.

wayne k
guam usa

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
I'm about to pull the trigger as well. I think we should work it fairly though. If one of us buys we get a referral link to give out that will save the next buyer $100. It also reduces the referrers cost by $100 as well. So - CreatedDesigns - did you use aluminumwelders referral link? Actually just re-read the post and it looks like you did not.

Anyways I think if multiple shops on here get in on this we can "pay it forward" and everyone can save a bit of money by using the previous posters referral link and then posting the referral link you get when you buy. And of course hoping the next one in here that might buy uses the link you posted...

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
So they don't start shipping until September of next year?
I could have used it this week.....