• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

$1500 shaper origin handheld cnc router at the end of this month who's buying?

rossmosh

The hand held machine seems a lot better to me if I'm being honest. People have successfully hand routed objects for years. The human is able to control feed rates pretty damn well and because you can react to feedback, it keeps you out of trouble

I just can't imagine that hanging router being anything but a headache. I have a decent hobby/light industrial 4x8 machine with NEMA34 steppers and a 3.25HP router and even that will give me hell when machining even if it's just part hold down being the issue. I just can't imagine that router hanging by some chain and using bricks as counter weights being a reliable machine. If you want to play around and cut out cheap 1/4" plywood, maybe it's okay, but I can't imagine using it as anything but a toy.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
I have not got my shipping notice yet but the first batch of those who pre-ordered are starting to ship now. I'm in that first batch but it could still be a month or more before all of the first batch does get shipped. Looking forward to it. They have made some nice progress on the overall design, partnered with Festool for the spindle, including a very nice case... :)

Cross Signs

We Make Them Hot and Fresh Everyday
I got mine last Friday. Unfortunately I am so busy with work. I have only had one day (last Sunday) to experiment with it. It is, by far. The coolest tool ever made!!!