• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

1604 Solvent for general cleaning

jiarby

What solvent do you guys use for general cleaning (with swabs or lint-free wipes) on a 1604 EcoSol machine. Mine is about a year old. Probably need to do a maintenance station & dampers soon.

rcboats1

I use 91% Isopropyl alcohol. Mine is approaching a year old also and I am getting ready to order a maintenance station.

randya

Mutoh is now offering cleaning solution in 250ml bottles, retail $25
Part # 60900-0001 from your dealer.

MachServTech

For tough stains/crud and areas not indirect contact with the printhead use IPA or Acetone (Nail Polish Remover....this stuff works best) For areas directly contacting the printhead try to stick to the solvent base of the ink (you know the cleaning cartridges that have been sitting on the shelf for a year) or the OEM recommended cleaning solvent.

randya

Hey Randy.... is your stuff relabeled IPA??

No this is the cleaning solution that would be in Cleaning Cartridges, without the cartridges.

They put it in a 250 polypro bottle from bulk.

Hey, and next time you are here, stop in and say hi.

jiarby

I would have come to the thing you had last month (or two) but it was over before I knew about it!

I have been slitting empty cleaning cartridges when the printer thinks they are empty. I got a pint mason jar out of the last set.

Last edited: