• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

1968 car "wrap"

letterman7

I wonder how they 'restored' it to it's original if it had been painted over? It's only original once.. and repainting the car to make it look like it once was (the mural, in this case) is just a repaint. There is even a guy selling a replica painted the same way (http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1678043) for a mere $100K+ trying to cash in on the auction.

There are two people who would buy this car: a Joplin fan who knows nothing of Porsche and a Porsche fan that couldn't care less about Joplin and would paint it back to OE spec.

OldPaint

and i gar-on-tee the value of that car dropped to almost nothing.....with that mess on it((((((((
i belong to a car club.......and have seen a couple really SWEEEET rebuilds of 50's-60's vehicles with "STICKER CRAP" on them.
any CAR SHOW they go to, that has "judging" their vehicle.........
STICKERS other then stock(late 60's)on any vehicle 65 and older........WILL HAVE POINTS DEDUCTED..... from them.

Craig Sjoquist

glad it was painted not a wrap & that replica is fugly if it wasn't for Joplin's car it also but it must have been really cool when she had it, I probably would have gone wild seeing it then