• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

2 layer acrylic letters?

Chriswagner92

I don't know if this is the right section for this, please move if it isn't, but I can't find these anywhere. It looks to be 2 layers of acrylic bonded together, and I thought they might be from Gemini, but I can't find them in the book at all, and google was not helping. Any ideas?

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2574.jpg
    IMG_2574.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 107

Baz

You can get that polished finish by user a laser system with a gas hook up. Can't remember which gas it is but it does produce a flame finish on acrylic edges.

Marlene

is the top layer translucent? if so, how did they bond the two together so you don't see the adhesive?

derekw13029

is the top layer translucent? if so, how did they bond the two together so you don't see the adhesive?

Yeah, that's the magic question here. Cool look, if there's a good way to bond acrylic without adhesive showing you could do lots of neat stuff.

Chriswagner92

Yeah definitely doesn't look like anything standard. 1/4" mounted to 1" with flame polished edges from the looks of it?

I think its more like 1/8" mounted to 1/4", its just really zoomed in.

"is the top layer translucent? if so, how did they bond the two together so you don't see the adhesive?"

its kind of like a very slight tint to the top layer, but it also looks like there is a layer of that polished brass between the two layers.

Thanks for all the responses, makes me really wish we had a laser.