• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

2 Questions: Firmware Upgrade Safe? / Online Source for Blades?

SlamMan

Ok, actually 3 questions. First, can anyone recommend a reputable place to buy Graphtec blades on line?

Next, I'm thinking about upgrading the firmware on my plotter. The current version on it is 1.01 I believe and it works just fine. Can someone give me an idea of what the improvements that are included with the most current version. Would there be any reason not to upgrade the firmware?

Lastly, are there any improvements in the latest version of the Cutting Master software?

Thanks, Michael

SlamMan

Thanks guys. I mostly cut paint protection film with the plotter, some vinyl. Is the cb15u holder and blades a worth while upgrade? What are it's advantages if any?

signage

I will agree with that. Recently I was having problems with my network and was advised to do a firmware update to my router by the tech support. That was a big mistake, now my router doest work right, they sent me a new one that is worst then the original one, waiting on another replacement!

PGSigns

I just switched to the clean cut blades in my Graphtec and I am very happy. You can't go wrong, very good blade and he gives a discount to Signs 101 members.
Jimmy

cleancutblade

Thanks for the recommendations guys, you don't know how much I appreciate it!!! Slamman you brought up a good point:

How do I get my discount?

If you just make note that you are a member at Signs 101 and what your forum name is, we will make sure that you get your discount when we process your order. We are still small enough that I will usually pick it up.

rcook99

As everyone else has said CLEANCUT BLADES are the way to go. I purchased 5 blades from Ross and love them. The service he provided was great and very quick shipping.

ahollow

Well, the graphtec website documents what all the firmware upgrades fix. I upgraded from 1.01 to 1.5 to current 1.8, I think. Each upgrade helped with issues I had in earlier versions, mostly oon contour cutting and media sensors misreading at improper times.

I would definitely look into the firmware upgrades, unless you are still running Windows 1.0. :)

Red Aero

Please help!

I just purchased a Graphtec CE5000-60 in order to cut vinyl graphics for Radio Control Aircraft. I have a Mac G5, OSX Tiger (Vers 10.4.8) I've installed the Cut Master 2 Adobe Illustrator CS2 Plug-in. I'm connected via USB cable that came with plotter. I can create artwork, open the settings window, but when I try to send to plotter, it gives me a "can not open port" notice in the status colomn. Does anyone know what is going on. Plotter works fine when I run a test cut from plotter display. Do I need additional software?

Thanks,
Ken

Case

when cutting out of the illustrator plug-in.....your plotter needs to be in GP-GL mode... when cutting out of Omega, Cut Server(onyx), Flexi, etc. then you need to be in HP-GL mode...