• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question 20/20 Ink Clogged Head, Switch Out Now or Wait?

PPrint

Hello,

We've been using 20/20 Max2 Inks in our Roland Soljet xr-640 for a while now. Unfortuantely one of our print heads clogged up beyond repair, and the technician says it's due to the 3rd party ink.

Print head was replaced today and we're going to switch back to Roland Inks.

We're leaning towards running out the 20/20 that's in the machine now, but curious if you guys think it's too risky and we need to buy a whole ink set and replace everything right away?

Thanks!

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I work on these machines in the field and whenever I hear someone is using 20/20 inks I tell them I won't work on the machine until they switch to another brand. Nothing worse than changing a head for someone and then they blame you instead of the ink when the head fails 6 months later. 20/20 always causes us issues. Not all 3rd party ink is so harsh on the heads but you can't go wrong with OEM.

rjssigns

PPrint I've been there done that with 3rd party ink. Everything was great until it wasn't then the ink vendor was full of nothing but excuses and bullsh#t. Complete ink train was flushed, heads fixed and back running with OEM ink. Haven't had an ink related issue since. Imagine that.

asd

it I was in your situation I will flush the lines and trow away those 20/20 cartridges, I was not getting any clog heads but my captops were getting clogged with 20/20 inks too

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Hello,

We've been using 20/20 Max2 Inks in our Roland Soljet xr-640 for a while now. Unfortuantely one of our print heads clogged up beyond repair, and the technician says it's due to the 3rd party ink.

Print head was replaced today and we're going to switch back to Roland Inks.

We're leaning towards running out the 20/20 that's in the machine now, but curious if you guys think it's too risky and we need to buy a whole ink set and replace everything right away?

Thanks!

We are a merchant member selling ink supplies. We purchased a brand new XR640 using Jetbest ink on the first day. Never an issue.

https://www.premiercolour.com/colle...t-max2-440ml-for-roland-printer-xr-xf-rf-vs-i

Attachments

• IMG_5222.JPG
    IMG_5222.JPG
    134.9 KB · Views: 226
  • IMG_5921.JPG
    IMG_5921.JPG
    211.4 KB · Views: 241
  • IMG_5945.JPG
    IMG_5945.JPG
    140.6 KB · Views: 214

d fleming

OEM is normally best. That being said I had OEM in an old seiko that clogged my magenta head. Was happening across the country with other shops so I switched to nazdar inkset and the problem cleared up. Never had an issue with nazdar inks. Not all 3rd party is the same. Nazdar has been in the ink business a looooooong time.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
We are a merchant member selling ink supplies. We purchased a brand new XR640 using Jetbest ink on the first day. Never an issue.

https://www.premiercolour.com/colle...t-max2-440ml-for-roland-printer-xr-xf-rf-vs-i

How are you printing borderless on that Roland? Or was the print just inserted back in for the picture?

OEM is normally best. That being said I had OEM in an old seiko that clogged my magenta head. Was happening across the country with other shops so I switched to nazdar inkset and the problem cleared up. Never had an issue with nazdar inks. Not all 3rd party is the same. Nazdar has been in the ink business a looooooong time.

We've been running Nazdar for a while on both our Rolands are are very happy with it. Took a few visits from the rep to convince us but I'm glad we did. $88 vs $155 per 440cc cart is a no brainer.

d fleming

How are you printing borderless on that Roland? Or was the print just inserted back in for the picture?

We've been running Nazdar for a while on both our Rolands are are very happy with it. Took a few visits from the rep to convince us but I'm glad we did. $88 vs $155 per 440cc cart is a no brainer.
Yep, not all 3rd parties are created equal.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Always good to look for a lot of reviews on aftermarket inks in addition to what other machine the brand makes ink for, how long they have been making inks, who the distributors are, warranty, etc. Over the years I've read a lot of places complaining about 20/20 inks....

Some of the top brands also might very well be making the actual OEM branded ink for a machine and of course as mentioned OEM inks are nearly always top quality.

Top tier aftermarket brands that I know of off the top of my head would be (in no particular order) Nazdar (Source One), Bordeaux (what we currently use), Triangle (we used their older JVV inks for years but they discontinued that one and I was not happy with the replacement MSS ink), STS, SAM-INK, Marabu, Jetbest.

A few of these have been around for well over 20 years and have major R&D departments and make ink for a wide variety of machines and markets (including screen, offset, OEM, etc). Those oldest and largest are usually the safest to go with but you just never know. As someone else mentioned, they had an issue with OEM Seiko inks and no OEM brand is immune to issues. I know Mimaki has had an issue or two over the years and I'm sure probably every OEM brand has at some point. How the OEM or aftermarket vendor responds to an issue is very important. We had a Triangle issue at one point and they were on top of it and took good care of us. Bordeaux, STS, and Nazdar were all extremely responsive to me and my questions when I was looking at changing brands and that made a big difference in making my choice. I can only say that I've been very happy with the Bordeaux so far. Prints great and does not seem to be causing any excessive cleaning needing anymore than OEM Mimaki ink did which we ran for a short while when I got our new printers.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Always good to look for a lot of reviews on aftermarket inks in addition to what other machine the brand makes ink for, how long they have been making inks, who the distributors are, warranty, etc. Over the years I've read a lot of places complaining about 20/20 inks....

Some of the top brands also might very well be making the actual OEM branded ink for a machine and of course as mentioned OEM inks are nearly always top quality.

Top tier aftermarket brands that I know of off the top of my head would be (in no particular order) Nazdar (Source One), Bordeaux (what we currently use), Triangle (we used their older JVV inks for years but they discontinued that one and I was not happy with the replacement MSS ink), STS, SAM-INK, Marabu, Jetbest.

A few of these have been around for well over 20 years and have major R&D departments and make ink for a wide variety of machines and markets (including screen, offset, OEM, etc). Those oldest and largest are usually the safest to go with but you just never know. As someone else mentioned, they had an issue with OEM Seiko inks and no OEM brand is immune to issues. I know Mimaki has had an issue or two over the years and I'm sure probably every OEM brand has at some point. How the OEM or aftermarket vendor responds to an issue is very important. We had a Triangle issue at one point and they were on top of it and took good care of us. Bordeaux, STS, and Nazdar were all extremely responsive to me and my questions when I was looking at changing brands and that made a big difference in making my choice. I can only say that I've been very happy with the Bordeaux so far. Prints great and does not seem to be causing any excessive cleaning needing anymore than OEM Mimaki ink did which we ran for a short while when I got our new printers.

Not happy with Jetbest. How can we help? We were a Bordeaux dealer before Jetbest. Both inks are similar in performance base on over 100 printers ink sale. Any feedback is much appreciated. We doubled the sales last year switching from Bordeaux to Jetbest. Thank you in advance. We are the master distributor for Jetbest so we want to make sure our dealers do their job and service their customer with every Jetbest ink sale.

Francis K.
Premier Colour
Cell: 949-209-7306

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Not happy with Jetbest. How can we help? We were a Bordeaux dealer before Jetbest. Both inks are similar in performance base on over 100 printers ink sale. Any feedback is much appreciated. We doubled the sales last year switching from Bordeaux to Jetbest. Thank you in advance. We are the master distributor for Jetbest so we want to make sure our dealers do their job and service their customer with every Jetbest ink sale.

Francis K.
Premier Colour
Cell: 949-209-7306

Did I say I was not happy with Jetbest or anything at all bad about Jetbest? I've never tried it so how could I be unhappy with it? Only thing I might say is that your comment "Jetbest ink is one of the most known third party ink" might be debatable.

When I was deciding what ink to run in two brand new Mimaki's right out of the box I went with Bordeaux for a few reasons. One, the length of time in business and proven history in the market. Responsiveness to my questions. Few if any complaints from others regarding use of their inks. Warranty. Another important one for me, they offer an expanded gamut magenta (not a good choice for any shop that runs canned profiles) which gives us an edge on certain colors. 2L ink bag packaging compatible with the Mimaki MBIS bulk system. Price - literally 1/3 the price of OEM. Availability from multiple dealers with some locations just 1 day ground shipping time.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Did I say I was not happy with Jetbest or anything at all bad about Jetbest? I've never tried it so how could I be unhappy with it? Only thing I might say is that your comment "Jetbest ink is one of the most known third party ink" might be debatable.

When I was deciding what ink to run in two brand new Mimaki's right out of the box I went with Bordeaux for a few reasons. One, the length of time in business and proven history in the market. Responsiveness to my questions. Few if any complaints from others regarding use of their inks. Warranty. Another important one for me, they offer an expanded gamut magenta (not a good choice for any shop that runs canned profiles) which gives us an edge on certain colors. 2L ink bag packaging compatible with the Mimaki MBIS bulk system. Price - literally 1/3 the price of OEM. Availability from multiple dealers with some locations just 1 day ground shipping time.

premiercolour

Merchant Member

Year in business
Bordeaux 1999 - unknown. Rumor said: ended 2018.
Jetbest 2004 - current. Jetbest is a current public traded company in Taiwan.

I am still buying Bordeaux ink. What are you talking about.
Do you need new icc color profile? Do you see ink quality reduced? Do you have problem buying the products?

Is Bordeaux ink compatible with Jetbest?
Yes. Plug in Jetbest ink product, perform three strong cleans. You are ready to print.

Response Time
Employees of Premier Colour is required to respond customer's phone calls, emails, messages in 2 hours during working business days. Mutoh and Mimaki trained technician is one phone call away to support our ink customer.

Where to buy ink
eBay, soon to be on amazon prime. Give us a call 714-668-9200. Order any Jetbest ink product by 5 pm for same day shipping from California.

Customer reviews on Premier Colour
We are all about customer service. I don't think we had too many complaints but we can't please everyone. We would love to hear about new, old complaints.

Known
Selling over 80 countries. Jetbest is actually the top choice for Roland dealers outside of the US who is not subsidiary of Roland DG Japan.

Who is Premier Colour Inc?
Compatible Eco solvent ink is what we started with in 2011. We listen to customers. When customer wanted cap top, we sourced cap top from local dealers. When customers wanted their printer fixed, we hired technician to fix their printers. We want to be technical and not relying on other dealers so we became one.

Who are our customers?
Customers who buy minimum. two sets per month should consider Jetbest to bring their ink cost down by 50%. Customer who are not happy with their current ink suppliers. Customers who can't get ink next day if they wanted. If your printer is under warranty, please remain using OEM ink product. We do sell Mutoh and Mimaki OEM ink product as well.

Extended magenta gamut
We have no complaints on less magenta gamut whatsoever. Asia uses a stronger magenta. Jetbest is from Taiwan. Jetbest has to have extended magenta gamut to work with over 80 countries magenta colors.

Packages
Jetbest ink comes 440 complete cartridges, 500ml proprietary bulk ink system, 1 liter ink bag for Mutoh, 1 liter ink bottle, 2 liter ink bag for Mimaki.

Price:
We are about 10% less of what Bordeaux is selling.

Guarantee
100% satisfaction or money back. Simple

Warranty
Jetbest has almost perfected the eco solvent ink line. We can't say 100%. Our ink caused it, we fix it.