• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3' x 8' full-color full-bleed digitally printed 13oz banner price?

Johnny Best

can't you get married at age 15 in Idaho?
You do not need to be married to have babies, but I am sure you knew that already. Just stay away from brothers, father and first cousins. Or you will have kids that work in gas stations or carnivals.

Last edited:

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Charge 8- $10 a Sq ft.
I don’t even buy the material and do them in house anymore. Not worth the time and effort. I can get them delivered to my door in 2 days with welded hems, grommets and all.

wes70

So, can someone explain the logic......................

Back in the 70', 80' and somewhat into the 90's we handpainted banners. Going rate back then was $9 or $10 a sq ft, just about anywhere USofA.

In come computers and we could applique them and paid a lot more for the computers, plotters, vinyl and application tape, but charged about the same. Hmmm ??

In come all these fancy printers and hemming machines and suddenly the price goes down to $1 a sq ft and ya hadda spend 10's of thousands of dollars for the equipment.

Ya spend all that money to charge next to nothing ?? What that tells me is, your don't think you're worth anything and have no idea what you're missing out on.

That guy charging $1 sq ft could easily double or almost triple his price and still be cheaper than anyone else in town.

If I sell a banner for $240. at that size....... he hasta sell 10 banners at his price. He's working 10 times harder, more people involved, more equipment and payments involved..... just makes no sense.
This took me back to some of oldpaint's (rants) posts! So true!

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Old Paint…
Rants in all caps and no paragraphs
He still around? Been away from this site for a while.

Phil Caujolle

I'm at $7/sq. ft. not including art.
I like $7, but I charge around $5-$6, depending. Pricing still freaks people out, but I implore them to go to retail store front shops with high overhead. They usually come back. If they say they can get them online, I just tell them that it's a great strategy if they dont mind doing their own art work, waiting 3 weeks for 7 oz material, and if it's deadline stuff, good luck with remedy before the deadline. Not being caustic. but realistic. I get it, we buy vinyl for $.21 sf, I use ink at around $.15 sf, but the going rate is the going rate, and I'm cheap , but I have no fancy overhead, my Printers are paid for, I'm semi retired but bored, and just like to make an extra $4-$5 K per month doing easy jobs working 15-20 hrs/wk. I finally put my foot down on graphic design though. I love designing shit, but when people who dont know what they want get what they asked for and the "what if's" start to pile on,I get $40/hr plus cost of stock photos. ( I don't tolerate copyright violations with supplied art, and nobody knows what the hell a vector is anyway.) and they get less creative LOL. We all go through it. Design changes for 2 weeks, then the final proof, and then "I need it by 4:00pm today." I'm not greedy or pushy, and just as busy as I want to be. Rest of the time I go fishing in Rockport, and invariably pick up small but cool jobs from my fellow anglers.