• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3' x 8' full-color full-bleed digitally printed 13oz banner price?

phototec

What is the average going price for a 3' x 8' full-color full-bleed digitally printed 13oz banner, hemmed with grommets?

Artwork to be furnished.

Thanks for any insight.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
We use 14oz, but I'd say between $215 and $265. for fabricating and finishing, no,design time needed.

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
i sub out my banners because i don't have the machines in house to print and hem. i'm usually between $6-8/sq ft with supplied art. this size, i'd be at 8, so $192

rjssigns

$195 and up. Depends on how much time it takes to set the file. Church groups and veterans organizations are discounted.

hybriddesign

owner Hybrid Design
Wow, do you guys get $6-8? We are at $4 and we’re in Hawaii paying crazy rent and overhead. Even at $4 we often have customers coming in with a lower offer from another printer. We price our campaign banners at $2.25 a square foot. 13oz vinyl, solvent printed, taped edges although we just got a leister welder to try and pull back some margin big jobs

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
I dunno if everyone is bragging or I'm too cheap and need to raise my price. 36x96 I'm getting a bit more than half that. They are so fast and easy to make though.
When you say full bleed, I'm imagining youre printing on 38" material at a hair over 36 so when you hem, it's like being a full bleed rather than trashing a chunk of 54" material.

ikarasu

We have a guy called banner king who will print at $4 a sqft for under 8 FT banners, or $3.25 a sqft for anything over 10 FT. Hemmed and grommeted... 10% off 3 or more banners...15% off 5 ore more...free shipping on orders $200 or more across all of Canada.

So yeah, I get why Im always against doing banners and post that its not worth it. If you guys can get double what we can... Then banners would be worth it!

We do 4x8 banners for $300 for one customer... And they usually order a full roll at a time, so then its worth it. but if we had to "Compete" and sell them for $65 a banner and spend the whole day printing and heming and grommeting...it's not worth tying up a machine and a laborer for like $300 profit after overheads. Hate banners, would love them if all the garage warriors werent selling them for next to nothing!

[Edit] We also have some dimwit selling cheap chinese banner stands with prints for $75. Then when someone asks us, and we're in the $180-200 range... They laugh. Guess whos laughing when their 1 lb stand tips over at the slightest gust of wind, and they come crawling to you to make a $200, properly specced outdoor banner stand....

Also, these are Canadian funds. Deduct 25% to see how little monopoly money we actually get for banners. Add to the fact we have to charge 5-12% taxes, and the garage guy doesn't... and you can see what a difference in pricing there is.

Last edited:

Superior_Adam

retail we are at $3.50/sqft without art charges and we get beat out a lot from some of the other local shops. We have a local wholesale printer when there are larger quantities or orders I dont want to mess with who sells their banners $1/sqft hemmed and grommets. Quality material also and they print pallets of material a day and ship all over the US.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
So, can someone explain the logic......................

Back in the 70', 80' and somewhat into the 90's we handpainted banners. Going rate back then was $9 or $10 a sq ft, just about anywhere USofA.

In come computers and we could applique them and paid a lot more for the computers, plotters, vinyl and application tape, but charged about the same. Hmmm ??

In come all these fancy printers and hemming machines and suddenly the price goes down to $1 a sq ft and ya hadda spend 10's of thousands of dollars for the equipment.

Ya spend all that money to charge next to nothing ?? What that tells me is, your don't think you're worth anything and have no idea what you're missing out on.

That guy charging $1 sq ft could easily double or almost triple his price and still be cheaper than anyone else in town.

If I sell a banner for $240. at that size....... he hasta sell 10 banners at his price. He's working 10 times harder, more people involved, more equipment and payments involved..... just makes no sense.

Notarealsignguy

Back in the 70', 80' and somewhat into the 90's we handpainted banners. Going rate back then was $9 or $10 a sq ft, just about anywhere USofA.

In come computers and we could applique them and paid a lot more for the computers, plotters, vinyl and application tape, but charged about the same. Hmmm ??

In come all these fancy printers and hemming machines and suddenly the price goes down to $1 a sq ft and ya hadda spend 10's of thousands of dollars for the equipment.

Ya spend all that money to charge next to nothing ?? What that tells me is, your don't think you're worth anything and have no idea what you're missing out on.

That guy charging $1 sq ft could easily double or almost triple his price and still be cheaper than anyone else in town.

If I sell a banner for $240. at that size....... he hasta sell 10 banners at his price. He's working 10 times harder, more people involved, more equipment and payments involved..... just makes no sense.
yeah but I'm the owner, isn't my labor free?

Stacey K

I like making signs
I would start at $150 and add art charges. Some people just want a "congratulations Sara and Bob" black on white...no proof, that's a quick and easy set-up. More than that they pay for art fees.

A lady came in yesterday asking how much a banner is for a "congratulations Sara and Bob" type thing. I told her the starting price with no proof. Then she starts asking how much for a birch tree background and then she wants a photo added, then the date, etc. So I told her the rate and the estimated the amount of time. We will see what she ends up doing...it will depend on her budget she said, and that's totally fine with me but at least she has some options now.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Well, ya might say it's free, but then most here would be working for free all week long and since they don't understand markup and profit, they'd be paying the customer to do their work. Oh yeah, that's a commune kinda deal. Just like what the government is slowly trying to put into effect anywhere. The word commune....... that reminds me of another word where no one but the others make all the money. Hmmm............

Notarealsignguy

Well, ya might say it's free, but then most here would be working for free all week long and since they don't understand markup and profit, they'd be paying the customer to do their work. Oh yeah, that's a commune kinda deal. Just like what the government is slowly trying to put into effect anywhere. The word commune....... that reminds me of another word where no one but the others make all the money. Hmmm............
but according to my employees I am making millions, I don't want to be greedy ya know?

Superior_Adam

Yes in town he is by far cheaper but they have nation wide accounts and that is the going rate at a lot of places on banners. Yes he has higher payments on machines but when he can load up the three machines and run 6 rolls of 54" material at a time he can kick out banners fast. The hem welder will have a 4x8 banner done in a few minutes. They are making a ton of money off banners and they keep adding machines to print more. If he wasnt making money he would not be doing it. Signs365 is $1.25/sqft and there are a lot of huge print houses that are in that range.

What is the average going price for a 3' x 8' full-color full-bleed digitally printed 13oz banner, hemmed with grommets?

Artwork to be furnished.

Thanks for any insight.
96" x 36" 4/0 process on 13 oz. vinyl, sewn edges & grommets approx. every 2 foot.
$30.00 - wholesale
$72.00 - Retail

highrolling24

96" x 36" 4/0 process on 13 oz. vinyl, sewn edges & grommets approx. every 2 foot.
$30.00 - wholesale
$72.00 - Retail
$30??? its gotta be for like 10 not just one, how can you make money at $30 for one
72 is still kinda cheap, I just did a bunch for a VFW parade and I feel bad I charged about your wholesale price and that was giving them a discount.

90% of my business is wholesale to the trade. Totally different then retail. Been doing this 33 years. Short run banners under 25 sq. ft each are $1.25 per sq./ft finished with a min order of $25.00 per version, over 25 sq ft. are $1.15 per sq./ft. All in cost with labor, ink and material we are at about .65 sq. ft. finished, we charge $1 per linear ft for reinforced strapping around the perimeter.

Retail can go anywhere from $3 to $6 a sq./ft. depending on what you can get. We do thousands of banners a month. I just completed 1,500 for .89 a sq. finished with black thread and no standard silver grommets.

Precision

Banners - Ugh! Kinkos and Staples do these for $1.50 sqft in our area with your artwork. We prefer to do these only for our existing client base as needed at $5 a square foot, with a basic layout of a design. If they have intricate design, they can supply it themselves, or we charge $95 per hour, with a one hour minimum. Wholesale we sell these at $3.50 a square foot, with the vendors artwork. This would all be for banners that can be printed on our Latex 360, up to 62" any length.

For oversize banners, we use Royal Printing out of Denver, who has a nice product, sewn hems, mesh, any weight. Basically their price, then multiply by 3 for client's price, includes hems and grommets.

If we can make the sale, not a problem. We are not going to chase the industry downhill for banners. We prefer to do these as a service to our clients, rather than a bread and butter item.

Just my .02 cents, but then again, what do I know......................................