• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

32-bit GSP Plot Application

emma_cag

I'm getting these error messages about every 5 minutes

"32-bit GSP Plot Application has encoutered a problem and needs to close> We are sorry for the inconvenience.

If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost...."

I tried repairing omega with no luck

Any ideas?

emma_cag

Happens at random, not related to any particular task. Nothing has been changed, was fine one day and a headache the next. It also crashes after.

Operating system- Windows xp
Omega version- 2.5

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
That should not be a problem combination. you might want to go to the GSP site though and download the free 2.61 upgrade that had a lot of bug fixes in it.

Tony Teveris

Pat - I would get the service pack (2.61) because this problem sounds like some thing we addressed. I have to get the release notes. I was a hit and miss problem, some people had it others never saw it.

emma_cag

I tried installing service pack 2.61 but I am still getting errors just as often. I have notice that closing the program between jobs avoids the errors but is still very inconvenient.

Atomic Shrimp

I'm having exactly the same problem on an installation I help to support - I've installed the service pack, but the problem still happens (unpredictably, as far as I can tell, but not usually on the first job)

I get the error message saying "32-bit GSP Plot Application has encoutered a problem and needs to close" - when I look at the details, it appears to be saying that the fault occurred in msvcrt80.dll

Any ideas?

Tony Teveris

Ok, I'll have to pass the info on to the Plot guy. Right now we are swap dealing with the next release, Microsoft changes, etc

Have not heard this from any 3.0 users. It does sound like some we did address in 2.61.

Could any / all of you tell me what version of GspPlot you are using (from GspPlot's About box)

SAFASTRO

I know this is an old thread. But does anyone still have the 2.61 update file from 2.5? I had a computer crash, and can't open any 2.61 files on my 2.5 program.

netsol

Premium Subscriber
how long has this been happening?
there are. no windows updates for xp, but, there are updates for printer drivers, browsers, adobe pdf, etc.
these share dll's and other upport files, potentially with gsp.

i believe you can filter and dispay updates that were recently installed.
i would remove any updates recently done ( i don't remember if xp archives earlier dll's and the like when installing updates, but, this would be the first thingi look at

SAFASTRO

My problem is I had to reinstall GSP 2.5, but now I don't have access to the update files to upgrade to 2.61. I must have accidentally deleted the upgrade files, and GSP website no longer offers them.

netsol

Premium Subscriber
someone on here should come up with the file.
i can't help you, we use flexi for everything
(i will check through disks, but i really doubt it

netsol

Premium Subscriber
when you say computer crash, did hard drive go bad?
did you replace hard drive, or just reinstall over existing partition?

just wondering if we can recover the update files from old hard drive, or extract from backup? (since
you have your sign files)

SAFASTRO

My original computer crashed, so I had to get a new one. I was able to recover my old files from the hard drive. But had to install the 2.5 version onto a new computer. GSP originally offered a free upgrade download to the 2.61, which I did on my old computer. Since I installed, from disc, the 2.5 onto the new computer. I have no way of upgrading to 2.61, since the original files on my old computer are no longer there. At least I can't find the location.

netsol

Premium Subscriber
if you still have the old hard drive
i can send you a usb>sata hdd adapter
i can talk you through searching, for the update file.
the 2.61 update (& 2.6 update) is an exe file, because of the age of it.
if it was a .msi file we could probably extract one from the old hard drive even if we had to use a utility to do it

SAFASTRO

Do you know the name of the file I should search for? I know I downloaded the original file in my "downloads" folder but it's not there.
I do have a usb>sata hdd adapter that I used to recover my files.