• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

360 540 high speed bi directional disgust

gabagoo

Here is a pic of why I cant run any of my jobs in this mode. Just awful. The pic is off my blackberry and pretty horrible but you get the jist of what it looks like. It looks even worse with your eyes. The colour is a 321 . The job is for a friend that run tradeoffs with and will be at the side of the road so I am not to concerned but I could never sell stuff like this. I usually run 720 x 720 and high speed must be turned off or I get the streaking effect seen here. Jv3 130 spII the rest of the colours look OK a bit washed out but not anything like this...what you think causes it?

Attachments

• _Device Memory_home_user_pictures_IMG00082.jpg
    _Device Memory_home_user_pictures_IMG00082.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 110

Letterbox Mike

It's really hard to tell from that picture if that's an ink delivery issue or a profile issue. I've never been able to run anything at 360x540 if it makes you feel better. We do have a 360x1080 profile that gives good prints (well, good enough for yard signs and banners) and it's pretyt fast, but it's not our fastest/best profile.

Do an experiment for me. See if you have an Avery 3500 540x720 profile. It should be a 4-pass high-speed bidirectional profile. Rip a file with that and try printing it on a cheap calendered vinyl (it works on most). I'm just curious if your printer has an ink delivery problem, this may reveal it. We get band-free prints with this profile and it's screaming fast for what it is.

thewood

I don't do much printing at 360x540, either. I just can't get satisfying results. To achieve Pantone 321, I would likely use 720x720 8 pass and would have to turn the heat down a bit from my standard settings. Those "teals" can be a bit tricky for me.

I do 90% of my printing at 360x720 8 pass, bidirectional.

gabagoo

I don't do much printing at 360x540, either. I just can't get satisfying results. To achieve Pantone 321, I would likely use 720x720 8 pass and would have to turn the heat down a bit from my standard settings. Those "teals" can be a bit tricky for me.

I do 90% of my printing at 360x720 8 pass, bidirectional.

exactly!!! OK I dont feel to bad about it then. I just sometimes think by running 720 x 720 on everything that somewhere down the line I am paying more to achieve what others can do for less, but maybe thats not so. Last week with these retractables that I was given a day and a half to print and load into existing stands, I decided to print 360 x 540 but high speed off. The only concern seems to be that the colours are not as vibrant and some what washed out. I printed the 360 x 540 because I did not want to wait for an extended drying time which 720 x 720 creates....with me.