• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

38' Cigarette Boat... Seams???

DIGITAL DESIGNS

Working on an estimate and layout for a 38' cigarette powerboat. The boat is 38' long and is 41" tall at its tallest point on the side of the boat. I am questioning should I put a seam in it or not. I have done 21' bass boats with no seams, but am a bit worried about laminating 38'! If something goes wrong that's a lot of trash! Anyone else done something this long? Thanks in advance!

Johnny Best

If it is a busy design then go with seam (vertical), if you feel unsure about the laminating part. But I would try to do it in one piece.

unclebun

One piece. And price it so that you aren't worried about making a mistake and having to reprint a whole side. If the customer balks, remind them how much a custom paint job costs. And painters can fix small mistakes easily. I find that the majority of people who call me to get a custom wrap job think that it's going to cost them just a couple hundred dollars to avoid paying $30,000 for a paint job.

rjssigns

One piece. And price it so that you aren't worried about making a mistake and having to reprint a whole side. If the customer balks, remind them how much a custom paint job costs. And painters can fix small mistakes easily. I find that the majority of people who call me to get a custom wrap job think that it's going to cost them just a couple hundred dollars to avoid paying $30,000 for a paint job.

On point^^^^

When bidding leave enough "cushion" for a major screw up.

MikePro

sans-seams, whenever possible.
i see no difference between 12' and 150' when it comes to lamination, unless you're rocking a bigsqueegee and a 10' table but there's still ways to make that work.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Seamless. Be SURE your measurements are good when you build your template and it will go well. Laminating shouldn't be trouble if you have a decent roll-to-roll laminator.