• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3M Certification written exam ; what to expect?

CSOCSO

I don't hate paint, I just overlay it.
Hey guys. I am going for the 3m preferred certification in a few days.
I am in the sign business for 10 years. More, or less I know what they will make me do.
But what about the written part? I am trying to read all these pdfs they told me to read but my eyes are falling out from the reading. Lol. Never liked to read plus I am sure I need glasses because I can't read more then 20 minutes without having my eyes hurt.
Anyway. What is the written exam is all about? I need to know what material is what for? I need to know exact numbers of thickness and life expectancy and warranties or what is that I need to answer?
I need to know all this numbers with and without print on the material and lamination on it?

I am keep reading. I will let you guys know if I have any other question.

heyskull

Oh dear. Guess I would be getting my eye sight tested first. Whether you can read or not, the issue is how to print and apply the materials. Also choosing the correct material. I guess you will need reasonable eyesight for this task any way. Back in the 1980s i remember here in the UK to become 3M accredited, they would send a guy from 3M out. The 3M guy would sit there and drink coffee whilst you lettered a vehicle and after a few hours, you were 3M accredited!!!!! Simples.... SC

WB

There's a section on boats, how much overlap to leave on the front leading edge and how far above the wake line.

I think there was something about cleaning and proper techniques and materials.

other then that I can't remember much. can't remember what I did last week so your lucky you got that much..

Good luck.

CSOCSO

I don't hate paint, I just overlay it.
Awesome. I have never used anything else but 180cv1, 180cv3, ij 40, 40c, 35c, 170, 380, 480. Lot of stuff they want me to know are for screen print and latex or uv only. I always printed with solvent only.

Thanks guys