• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3M has a new non-PVC vinyl

JoshLoring

I switched over to 3751 and have not probably will never try to pull the whole back off a sheet and stick it on a panel on a box truck but that is just my install method.

We do it all the time! That's how you bang out RV's and trailers at 4 min a panel! Lol

mudmedia

I greatly appreciate and look up to those that can install like that and have the man power to do that (pull a 9 ft tall piece of vinyl all the way off and be able to align it and apply it correctly).

Maybe it is because I have not found the correct help where the other pair of hands understands vinyl or something I am doing wrong.

4R Graphics

Not to high jack the thread but i would love to know (video would be nice) of you guys doing an install of a full panel with no backing paper that would help some of us out that have issues everytime we try it.

Please a video demo.

jkdbjj

Not to high jack the thread but i would love to know (video would be nice) of you guys doing an install of a full panel with no backing paper that would help some of us out that have issues everytime we try it.

Please a video demo.
I agree

signswi

So what's the big deal if its non PVC or not? It really makes no difference to me.

Maybe which subforum I posted this in will clue you in a bit. PHTH is a pseudo-estrogen and has been traced to a number of very nasty cancers along with impact on fertility rates and a slew of other health concerns. Eliminating it from the environment is a good thing to work towards. That's why I said my part about indoor vinyl, where this is more of a concern than a vehicle wrap (where it would only be a concern to the printers/installers, exposure wise).

I know this forum, in general, is full of "me first, screw everyone else" people but this is a pretty appropriate subforum for discussion of materials and strides towards a greener industry (not just a green washed industry).

Here's a link to the Hexis materials mentioned earlier, didn't know about these as we don't use Hexis (may have to try it now): http://www.naturally-hexis.com/