• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3M Partial Wrap Via Mopar!

HulkSmash

Wouldn't be getting old stock if you ordered from Fellers, because they "sell more wrap vinyl than anyone else so thier vinyl is fresher. While other suppliers might order 2 or 3 times a year, they order every month...." LOL

I've never had a 3M failure yet. I have tried the other wrap vinyls and the ONLY one that is as easy to install is Avery. Even Arlons new less aggressive adhesive is too aggressive...just like Orajet. Don't use MacTac due to the reliance on heavier post heating compared to the rest. BUT...for the price, i'm not switching to Avery at this time because it's not much savings and I've yet to have any problem with 3M.

~800 Compared to ~1100?

TedNes

I work for a distributor for both 3M and Avery for the past 11+ years.....before that, I did 7+ years production.....

Myself, I wouldn't get all twisted about MOPAR selling these kits at dealerships....we deal with many aftermarket automotive companies here, and there are two takes;

1) The guy that buys the kit at the dealer gets what he gets---stock look, hopefully installed to his liking.

2) If the guy has the smarts to find one of you, you can offer him something more than just the standard cookie-cutter MOPAR offering....and charge him accordingly....

In dealing with these car guys, has anyone found that they're quite often "cheap"?.....sure, they just dropped 40k or whatever on their new Challenger or Mustang or whatever, but they're going to nickle and dime you on the graphics?

Really, what are you losing here if the guy buys at the dealer?....

On a related note, we sell 3M 1080 by the yard here----carbon fibre, matte, all the offerings.....we've had a few "kids" (I'm being nice) come in and buy a yard or two of the material, thinking they''' do their hood and spoiler on their Honda or Subaru or whatever.......we usually see them back again buying another couple yards.....

oh, had a guy complain that his carbon fiber being glossy AFTER HE SPRAYED CLEAR COAT OVER IT after applying the vinyl......and that's our fault??

Again, do you really want these motorheads taking up your time some times??

anyone that think 3M's warranty support will blow anyone elses out of the water, seriously needs a reality check.

the warranties are written to protect them. not you.

I don't know what you are talking about, I haven't had to worry about calling them on a warranty issue yet, nothing has failed.... for me anyway.