• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

5’ x 10’ 6mm ACM availability

We’ve got a 5’ x 20’ building sign to install and are looking for 6mm ACM vs. 3mm. Any recommendations on where to get it? Grimco only has 3mm in 5’ x 10’. Reece charges to ship from some remote branch that may have inventory (a lot…)

TIA.

stickerhed

N Glantz has it in 6mm. I wouldn't use 3mm on that size, it may hold fine but I like to error on the side of caution.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Problem with 5x10 on a wall is that is a lot of weight to hold up... and really for nothing. I only use 6mm if it's exposed on both sides.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
6mm at that size, weighs next to nothing. In fact, the 3mm being a solid core might weigh more. Any slight imperfections on the wall itself, will probably telegraph through, unless you use some kinda framing system. I'd still put up a frame of some sorts and use 6mm. Just an all around better looking job.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I thought the OP was asking about solid core which is what I was referring to. It takes two people to lift that thing... let alone managing it in the air.

Thanks all (and stickerhed.) NGlantz has them available. Building 1"x4" pressure treated subframe to mount the panels to. The concern with 3mm is that it will not lay as flat as 6mm, i.e. look somewhat wavy and uneven. Plus, it's south facing and gets brutal sun. Thicker is better is my thought. Straight aluminum (Notarealsignguy) is through the roof on cost...