• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

50" big squeegee, 60" print... YES or NO? ...QUICK!!

iSign

ok, I'm going to pick one & run with it in the next 15 minutes... it looks so temptingly close that part of me wants to use the BS... with 4 inches on each side (I lied, it's a 58" wide print & 68" long) that would be left to chance, it hardly seems like enough to wrinkle, but it's 3651, so I suppose it could just as easily foul itself up entirely...

My other choice is to have a helper hold the far corners up off the aluminum, I'll use some rapid tac & a small felt squeegee...

anyone ever try an undersized BS?

GB2

Old Member
NO to the undersize BS! That is no to trying to use an undersized BS to lay the print in the one motion standard application. I have used a smaller BS and applied a larger print in the same manner as you would use a regular squeegee in strokes but I wouldn't try it with your large valuable print, I'd use something tried and true.

Mosh

They need a bigger table in that video. Was that is somebody's basement?
Back on topic, use the right sized BS, or go traditional.

iSign

by the way, I used a small squeegee & it came out great!
(same job I asked about cutting aluminum... ended up using the router on that)

rcook99

The link that was posted for the BS is from the Signs 101 NE Meet 2009 at Gino's! The man in charge of the BS was BAZ along with The Professor. Mrs. SRex was sitting on the stool and Pro Image was messing with the print.