• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

54” Summa S2-140T

gabagoo

Problem not solved yet.... I now see that any old file I open to reprint and cut has the cut info included in the file, which means just about anything outside of new files has to have this secondary step taken to go in and turn off Flexi info to allow the Summa to control the cut info.... There has to be an easier way to fix this....back on hold with Flexi it seems......grrrr

gabagoo

update on the new Summa. I have not really played around with the blade holder but the other day it just seems to be cutting to deep and I looked under the blade holder to see how far the blade was out.. Almost an 1/8" which is way to far. Tried unscrewing the blade holder and it turned about a half turn and that's it, won't budge. I am only about a mile away from the dealer that sold it to me and the tech came in and he couldn't budge it either and he finally got it out and it seems like some kind of metal pin is jamming the holder...he gets on the phone to Summa and wouldn't you guess...a known issue.... New head coming out soon. I still love this cutter even though I can't get the blade to shorten up for a week or so...I will survive

gabagoo

I asked him about that, and he said that it's more of having to screw it in every time to get the proper depth setting. I kept asking about alternative holders, but he believed it wouldn't make difference. I find it difficult to believe myself.

JB
this plotter unlike every other plotter I have used for 30 years will not just simply allow you to remove the holder and put a new one in...you have to unscrew the holder to release it from the main head and in doing so I think you are retracting the blade all the way before the actual holder starts to unscrew, so if you put a different blade holder in you have to screw it back in and then once it is seated the blade needs to come out with additional turns of the screw mechanism basically making you have to find the proper depth all over again... Maybe it has something to do with the tangenital ability.....not sure

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Yeah it's not really the greatest design if you wish to change blades a lot. Drag knife is a lot better for that.