• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

65* in PA

skyhigh

It was such georgeous weather, I decided to take the day off and decorate for Christmas. So I lugged up all the boxes from the basement & started to unravel the strings of icicles & other assorted lights. When I was satisfied that I had enough to complete the entire house (1st & 2nd stories), I realized I didn't have enough hangers.....so off to the hardware store I go. After searching thru the Christmas decorations, and unable to find what I was looking for, I finally asked an attendant. He informed me they had just sold the last package....grrrr So now I head down to the "Dollar General", and they had just what I was looking for.

Along the way back home, I stop to pick up the bucket truck, thinking to myself, this will make "short work" of those lights. So now back at home, I position the truck in just the right spot to reach EVERYTHING. Ok, stupid me, parks TOO CLOSE, as I'm still not use to this bigger truck. So I climb out of the truck, stow the boom, raise the outriggers & move further out towards the road (the old truck dosn't have all these irritating safety features). So now I go back up, and get all my icicles along the top roof line....plug them in, and only half of them are working. Now damn, I just checked them before going up, what in the heck happened???????????

Long story short.......... I made numerous trips to the hardware for fuses, hangers, more lights and a new circuit breaker (don't ask). I climbed in and out of that darn bucket more times than I care to mention, and made more splices & used more electrical tape than any 3 sign jobs combined.

Somewhere around noon, I was wishing I had gone to work, but the good news is...... I'm done decorating, and at the time of this post everything is still lit (and looks good). Tomorrow may be a different story, but for TONIGHT, I'm basking in my accomplishment.

PS. I think this is the first time I've decorated that it wasn't -5*, and I didn't have to chip ice off the bucket truck before beginning.
WOOOOHOOOOO. Now I'm ready for Turkey day.

Last edited:

skyhigh

Jiarby, I think thats the most irritating thing I have ever read. DID YOU NOT READ MY POST???? You don't want to mess with me today, buddy. (jk)

I was too lazy to pull up my "character symbols" thingy.

jiarby

I didn't read it until AFTER I wrote mine! I use that one alot (BBQ forums) and also ALT + 0162 for the cents character. Faster than the symbold map.

Bradster941

Way to go Clark... :wink:

attachment.php

Attachments

• clark-griswold-tree.jpg
    clark-griswold-tree.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 125

jiarby

no bbq today...

fajita pizza!

Grilled skirt steak, chicken breast, onions, bell peppers, chipotle powder, sharp cheddar, mozzarella.

Garlic Herb Parmesean buttered crust.

Cooked in a Lodge cast iron pizza pan in my komodokamado smoker at 600°F for about 9 minutes.

Delish!

Attachments

• pza3.jpg
    pza3.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 91
  • pza2.jpg
    pza2.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 91
  • pza1.jpg
    pza1.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 87

Jillbeans

So where are the pix, Scott?
I'd send you a Luigi's gift certificate but I know you don't like hairy buffets.
It was a gorgeous day yesterday!
Justis and I redded up out back.
Put in a quick paver brick landing at the man door on the garage.
Burnt some rubbish.
Cleaned out my alleged flower beds.
Fixed the downspout.
Can't hang Christmas lights anymore because of the new roof....bummer.
There were still some up there from about 2003.
I know most PAers like to have their Xmas lights up before opening day of buck.
Then take em down about Easter.
Love.....Jill

signage

Hey I stopped by when you were out getting bulbs and your wife showed me your testing set up:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Now that is a testing station of an experienced sign builder:omg::Big Laugh

Attachments

• Skyhighstesting station.jpg
    Skyhighstesting station.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 79

John L

It was such georgeous weather, I decided to take the day off and decorate for Christmas.

hahaha Glad you got 'er done. Buckets do help with the task. I just cleaned out our chimney off of one of ours, just cause i can. The wife doesn't understand this stuff.

skyhigh

I think its only fair......
if I post a picture of my lights for you Betty, then I want one of your avitar, only at a slightly lower angle. I'm curious as to how low that "v" neck goes?

Reason I ask, I was looking for a good place to hang my mistletoe.:Oops:

:ROFLMAO:

Jillbeans

V neck goes as far as the pic.
But the boobs go down to about my belly button.
Real buzz kill huh!
But at least I can tuck em into my jeans.

skyhigh

you can BS others on here, but I know better.
I can honestly say Jill is hotter in real life than her avitar.

Now, back to the topic at hand. DAMN nice weather we're having huh?