• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

8 pass is purple!

I am hoping you guys can help me. I have a mimaki JV3-130SP II Whenever I print on a 4pass it prints okay, but with banding. When I goto print on an 8 pass, it prints with a hue of purple... same image on both prints and I am at my whits ends.

MikePro

what does the nozzle print test look like?
my money's on you're missing a block on one of your channels

MikePro

channel - ink line.
like my mimaki jv3 has 4 printheads and 8 channels each controlled by their own ribbon cable.

housemusikid

It could be the white cables on the printheads. I had this happen to me once where the inks were crossing one another. I replaced the cables and voila.

Freese

Take a pic of nozzle check too. Also if there is an air leak, it might be full of ink in the dampers and ink lines when a print starts, but after a bit it might lose it's seal and ink dropout

not sure whats going on with my printer, but I did a re-print an hour or so ago and it printed fine.... one on the left is the good reprint and one the right was the bad print from friday... and of course the test print.

Attachments

• hard drive design 1 009.jpg
    hard drive design 1 009.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 92
  • hard drive design 1 010.jpg
    hard drive design 1 010.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 102

gabagoo

not sure whats going on with my printer, but I did a re-print an hour or so ago and it printed fine.... one on the left is the good reprint and one the right was the bad print from friday... and of course the test print.

your black test print looks awful....do a nozzle wash

Rooster

Your black head is hooped. There's so many deflections it's not laying the dots down where they need to be and the underlying color is showing through.

Since you're just printing black, turn off the color management and send the file through at 30C30M30Y100K and see what happens. You profile probably isn't paying down a solid black.

MikePro

that's the culprit! black printhead!
+1 to your print being purple because your printhead isn't laying the black ink on top of the magenta ink properly to make the color your profile is specifying.
printing at 4pass/8pass may reflect differences because your printhead will use different lines of nozzles during the print at different spots in each.

not 100% certain if its a dying head or just massively clogged nozzles...
do an overnight nozzle wash and post another pic of the test print. my jv3 has a 99min max, but I just power-down the printer and unplug it from the wall for the night (after setting the nozzle wash cycle), won't hurt it one bit.
also, do you have foam swabs? not cotton-tipped ones, but the square foam ones. I've restored some nasty clogs by taking a foam cleaning swab that's soaked with cleaning solution and gave the bottom of the printhead a "lick" prior to setting my wash. Don't scrub, don't put pressure on it, but one clean motion across the printhead like your wiper does and then I set an overnight wash and my nozzles were firing 100% in the morning.

Arcdru

Going into 8 pass is slowing the printer down and therefore allowing more time for the ink dots to dry (dot gain) before the next pass of ink gets laid down.
Quite often magenta can be seen through the other inks in a horizontal scratchy appearance. When view from a distance the image has a pink cast to it.
What temps are you running?
When using 8 pass try turning the heat down a little.