• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

90" Snowflakes

gplough

Have a customer asking for 90" snowflakes (either diecut or white printed on clear) to be applied to street for parade. They are temporary. I would have to produce and ship them.

I honestly don't have a clue on material, I looked at Avery 6121 but it sounds like she's wanting a diecut not flakes.

Leaning towards telling her she should find a local artist / painter.

bannertime

With most asphalt/street graphics, the texture doesn't allow application tape to stick. This makes it extremely hard to apply large contour cut graphics. Especially if they don't have someone that knows how to install. I've never used MPI 6121 and I honestly can't tell if it's textured or not. Doesn't appear to be foil based either. So what I'm saying may not apply.

I'd steer them towards stencils. You can even do the stencils out of two sheets of coro if it needs to be cheap. It can be scored and folded to make shipping easier.

jwlllpl

MultiGRIP from Grimco. We have been testing it on concrete, asphalt, stucco, carpet and entry to our shop printed with latex - no lamination about six months now. It is holding up really well.

Last edited:

2B

With most asphalt/street graphics, the texture doesn't allow application tape to stick. This makes it extremely hard to apply large contour cut graphics. Especially if they don't have someone that knows how to install. I've never used MPI 6121 and I honestly can't tell if it's textured or not. Doesn't appear to be foil based either. So what I'm saying may not apply.

I'd steer them towards stencils. You can even do the stencils out of two sheets of coro if it needs to be cheap. It can be scored and folded to make shipping easier.

we have also used banner scrim for large stencils

Z SIGNS

+1 for coro stencil and spray chalk.Cut the stencil ship it and be done.Anything else just does not make sense..Stick a 90" piece of vinyl on asphalt...come on.