• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

A good deal?

Matt Cuellar

Hey all,

One of my friends is in the market for some digital print equipment, and unfortunately a Mutoh/Graphtec combo is out of his reach for the time being. He's looking at a Gerber Envision bundle and sadly we don't sell Gerber so he's got to go with a local competitor. I'm curious, is this a good deal? Sounds nice, but again, don't know much about thermal equipment, not sure if another dealer might have better package price. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

Edge FX thermal printer
enVision 375 sprocket plotter
Omega 2.6.1 (CP) software
$1,400 worth of media
10 FX Caddies
10 FX folis of his choice
$20,995

ChiknNutz

Seems odd that he can afford $21k for a Gerber setup, but not a Mutoh? I thought that combo was somewhere close to that...no?

Matt Cuellar

Well, by the time you throw in the Flexi software, it's more like $25k or so and I can't the financing extended past $21K.

Pat Whatley

What?! $21K for something to halfway do the job or $25 for something he'll be completely satisfied with for years? Tell the guy to sub the stuff out for a couple more months and save the extra $4000.

Is this even a real situation?

zmatalucci

I second the notion of saving 4g's to get something that is worthwhile.

I can't imagine having to do all of my print jobs on a little 15incher! I'd have to work and panel 24/7!!!

Matt Cuellar

Why would you think it's not a real situation? Some people have $$$ stuck in their head, and even though I know it would be better to find the additional $4K, some people are price sensitive and won't pull the trigger regardless of how compelling of an argument you make. I personally think the Gerber is the wrong set up for him, but I cannot control his decisions. I've given him my opinion as a friend and as a hardware sales rep, but I can only do so much.

I also told him that maybe it's worth it to sub it out until he can justify buying a more complete and robust system, but he's stuck on buying something now. All I wanted to know was if this system was a fair market price, that's all. If it is, tell me, if it isn't tell me.

GB2

Old Member
This is a resonable deal and a very good setup of equipment for it's purpose. The Gerber Edge still has a place in the industry, the plotter is rock solid and the software is excellent for use with the quipment and a very fine design software on it's own. These things will not interact well with anything else in the future however and this is not a wide format digital printer. If the buyer understands that then he should be able to make a sensible decision.

Matt Cuellar

Thank you! That's the type of response I was hoping for. While I don't feel it's the ideal setup, that's not for me to decide. It's his business and his money, I just want to help him make an informed and comfortable decision. That is all I needed, thank you!

ahollow

Matt,
Make sure he realizes the difference in cost per square foot between a Gerber and solvent printer.

mrmoto95

Edge

I have a system similar to that one I want to get rid of;

Edge FX
Envision
Omega 2.1
Bunch of foils and 10 caddies
Vinyl

for $17,000

I don't have enough biz to justify keeping.

novedist

Gerber Edge

I have a Gerber Edge and found out that it was very little use. It dose not print banners and only prints 11-3/4 inches wide. It's of if you want to just print stickers or labels. The package for the edge was $13000 with cutter, printer and software. My Mutoh was around $20000 with a graphtec cutter and Flexi 8.5. I would wait till I could get the money knowing what I know now.:biggrin:

GARY CULY

a good deal is REPLICATOR selling a edge ,cutter and spares for 6000.00! see the thread in classifieds...think its replicator if im wrong ,sorry ...