• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

A new level of creepy

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
So now AI knows what medical conditions I have...and what I do for a living. Are they building ads just for me?

Screenshot_20230405-071718.png

DL Signs

Never go against the family
It does get pretty creepy. Do what I do, have fun with it... It's all done by bots anyway, who can't call BS on you. Hit the gear icon and hit the "hide ad", when it asks for the reason to not see it, check "irrelevant" or "offensive". I do that on everything I can that hits close to home to throw the stats off on the spoon fed ads. There was about a couple week period a while back where I got almost no ads. I've experimented with stuff like "already purchased", and all they do is feed you the same crap from someone else. I have such a long list of ones I've asked to be hidden/ blocked I'm surprised they still let me on FB. :big laugh:

When they call about my extended car warranty. I like to act all excited and transfer to a “manager” waste as much time as possible before telling them my truck has over 300k miles ……….. “”click””. Been MONTHS since I got one of those calls

caribmike

Retired with a Side Hustle
I stopped using Facebook and Instagram about a year ago. I deleted both apps from my phone and blocked them from my desktop computer at the "hosts" level. Now, I rarely ever get targeted ads. Also, I'm so happy to not have to see everyone's posts about politics and whatever else is irritating them at the moment. Ignorance is bliss.

Johnny Best

Well Tex, when you started to get that Government Cheese they have been watching you. They knew your digestive track would get damaged by the cheese and would be taking prescriptions through Medicaid.

Shred_signs

Lost Member
I stopped using Facebook and Instagram about a year ago. I deleted both apps from my phone and blocked them from my desktop computer at the "hosts" level. Now, I rarely ever get targeted ads. Also, I'm so happy to not have to see everyone's posts about politics and whatever else is irritating them at the moment. Ignorance is bliss.
I'm getting there too.

Johnny Best

I heard that the first step in a male turning into a woman is to get a Facebook account. Won't take long that the male starts to paint their nails and start using "ewww" in their emails.