• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

A render I found...

DravidDavid

Hey guys,

Thought I'd post this in the 3D section. Even though it's not really for "lighting" and "rendering", it's still 3D!
I rendered this with MentalRay in Autodesk Maya 2012 a few years ago. I have more work I can dig up if anyone is interested. A lot more 3D models, since I enjoyed 3D modeling the most! Unfortunately, I've only got WIP images dotted around the place.

apples.jpg

EDIT / Technical Details:

- The cloth was nCloth which I UV'd and textured with a tablecloth texture I found on the internet, as with the wall paper in the background. The apple model and texture are not my own. I can't remember exactly where I found them. I just remember them being buggy as hell!

Last edited:

peavey123

Nice. Any sign related 3d stuff in the works for you?

btw, if you need free textures check out cgtextures.com just make an account they usually have a tiled version and non-tiled version of each and a fairly huge library.

DravidDavid

Nice. Any sign related 3d stuff in the works for you?

btw, if you need free textures check out cgtextures.com just make an account they usually have a tiled version and non-tiled version of each and a fairly huge library.

Thanks! I have an account there! They are awesome. I mainly make my own textures, or buy texture packs. This particular render was a test of sorts, it was also winter so I didn't want to go outside with my DSLR, haha :)

No sign related stuff in the works.

The only sign/3D related job I've done was to do with ceiling tiles. We printed a cityscape on 100+ ceiling tiles on our Oce 250GT. The architect wasn't happy with the resolution of his stolen Shutterstock image. I had to composite new buildings together in Photoshop combined with a high resolution cloud render that fit the narrow aspect. It was something like 46,000 pixels long by 7,000 pixels wide!

I'll see if I have a picture of the finished result laying around.