• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

A wrap that makes people call 911

thinksigns

SnowFlake
I think the "Experiment in Marketing" has quickly gone from "will this attention getting wrap increase sales", to "will a small business be able to survive when it makes a gigantic PR blunder".

HulkSmash

Marketing what though? The average person sees this, what are they supposed to do? Who do they call besides 911? I see nothing that tells me what type of business it is, what they sell, who they are, how to get in contact with them... If it's a marketing campaign it a terrible one. If it's supposed to get someones attention, it works but to what end and for what purpose.

And let's say for the sake of argument someone does put two and two together and realize this is marketing a wrap business. I wonder if people are going to think, "hmmm that's good quality print, I should hire them" or "wow these guys have to do this to get people's attention, I wonder what tactics they are going to use for my business's graphics?". Personally I would wonder if they have to rely on shock because they can't get people's attention with a quality design.

That's why i said "off" Marketing. So in retrospect. I agree with you.

I think they were just slow and bored.

skyhigh

An image that's intelligently used to catch attention gets twisted up...stretched to "rape"...and somehow encourages brutality against women????.....What???....wow...

wow is right.
Perhaps this is how you like to be treated? (don't forget the zip-ties honey) Not the case with most women, I'm fairly confident.
You make it sound like the driver could perhaps be taking her out to dinner and a movie.

sick.

nashvillesigns

Making America great, one sign at a time.
tailgate wrap

i love it.
the only thing i would change is the person wrapped up in the back.
would have used a actual alien.
not the illegal kind, tho.

peavey123

What I don't get is how fiction generates such passionate responses from people yet absolutely horrifying, real life events that we could have the power to stop are just too much to even think about for a second. I might be looking at this too deeply, but to me this wrap just represents the complete ignorance of the masses. There are much, much, much more important issues to get your panties in a bunch about than a poor marketing strategy.

I can't really say anymore without bringing up politics or religion and without getting booted of the forum so ya...

HDvinyl

Trump 2020
They said their next wrap is going to be a black man tied up.

People do stupid sh!t all the time, there will always be something more extreme.

kgirl

They said their next wrap is going to be a black man tied up.

People do stupid sh!t all the time, there will always be something more extreme.

I think the point is....no matter what you plug into the formula, someone's going to ***** and be offended....:smile:

Joe Diaz

Holy crap! You guys should check out their Facebook page. Their publicity stunt is not going over too well, so now they are trying to spin it as a purposeful experiment to spread awareness about abductions and abuse. I don't think people are buying it. :omg: Apparently not all attention is good attention.

kgirl

Holy crap! You guys should check out their Facebook page. Their publicity stunt is not going over too well, so now they are trying to spin it as a purposeful experiment to spread awareness about abductions and abuse. I don't think people are buying it. :omg: Apparently not all attention is good attention.

Facebook is the worst place to ever get any kind of poll on what goes on in the real world....it's full of kids and not buyers or decision makers.....

Joe Diaz

Facebook is the worst place to ever get any kind of poll on what goes on in the real world....it's full of kids and not buyers or decision makers.....

Whether what you say is true or not doesn't mater. It's not so much the comments on Facebook that is telling, it's how the company is reacting to this publicity. Clearly it is having such an effect that those who made this graphic aren't simply claiming that it's just a joke made to get some attention anymore, but are now saying that it was meant to spread awareness all along... THAT leads me to believe that they are so deep in this $#!%storm they created that they now realize their best chance is to change their story and pretend that this is some kind of social experiment.

But I somewhat disagree about the effectiveness of a narrative on Facebook. Not even a month ago in our hometown, a big fuss was made about a Circus that was coming to town. There were videos of the trainers abusing animals, pretty graphic stuff making the rounds on Facebook. The show wasn't run out of town, but it might has well have been. Apparently their attendance took a major hit, and I'm doubtful they will be coming back.

Ok back to work.

kgirl

gotcha....guess their allowing themselves to become consumed....it won't end for them as long as they keep responding and trying to please those that get easily offended....take this thread for example.....

Locals Find!

rjssigns

What is wrong with a little bit of bondage?? Plenty of people enjoy bondage. You all need to stop judging. I have met some people that would call being tied up ball gagged and tossed into the bed of a truck a great first date.

Not particularly my cup of tea but, who am I too judge??

BALLPARK

It's over the line in my book, everyone views things differently. They are not the first and they will not be the last to do some outlandish stunt.

I do not think it will work into their favor and I think they will lose more future projects than they realize from the stunt.