• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Accubend 410 Question

Got a question. I recently purchased a used Accubend 410. I am having trouble getting getting the files I am saving over to bend in the right direction. The flange is ending up on the outside of the letter. Supposedly there is a way to make the machine interpret the letters clockwise or counter clockwise but I have yet to figure that out. The person I bought the machine from was not the user. Apparently that person is unavailable to be contacted. There were a couple of files on the computer that were left over and the machine runs those perfectly. Anything I try and save does not run correctly. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Maybe another way of looking at this. What are the programs recommended for outputting to the accubend? I have the Adobe Suite, Bobcad and an older version of Flexi.

MikePro

should be an option when you export to dxf legacy format:
exporting from enroute, i save as dxf-legacy with options checked:
contours-only & polylines & polyline mesh & inches & sort contours & clockwise.

I don't have the Enroute software but I am under the impression that I may need it. Any idea on where I can get an older version just to try before I commit to the subscription?

MikePro

your CAD software should be able to export to dxf. i was just pisting the settings my enroute exports to

Z SIGNS

Try contacting accubend. Nice people and decent machines. They might charge you for tech support on a used machine but it will be well worth it.Or you can do what Jburton suggested. Signtific experiments. Examine the properties of the files that do work.
Plotters,printers,routers,benders etc are not plug and play.
Your model and version will have it's own particular needs of what it will work with.
Most machines like arcs and lines with as few nodes as possible.No arcs after a sharp bend etc.
Every machine is different.
Your'e off to a good start at least you know the machine does work.Now it's just a matter of being able to talk to it.

First off. A wholehearted thank you to all who have responded. At this moment I think I have a solution. I have tried saving in several different dxf formats from different programs. The only program that seems to be able to save over correctly is an older version of Enroute. Another local sign shop has an older Multi Cam that uses the program. They were gracious enough to let me save an older legacy format. Now the quest begins to find that program. I am unsure if the newer version will work.
The computer and the program that run the Accubend are on a Windows 98 OS. Complete with 3 1/2" floppys. I have reached out to Computerized Cutters and they won't even speak to me unless I pay the 5k for a service agreement. I get it, but that is way to steep for a piece of equipment of this age. I only paid 7k for the machine itself. The previous owner of the machine had files that he had saved over and they worked beautifully. All of my programs and computers were just too new for the machine/computer. I will reach out to Enroute and see if there is a way to get an older version of the program. Again, thanks for the assistance.

I tried saving in different versions of dxf files but with no difference in results. The Accubend came with 2 versions of the program. I'm guessing one is a little later version but neither would bend correctly. I tried doing an O. The later version of the program even asks if it's the inside or outside of the letter but still bends them both in the same direction. I was really confused. In Flexi, you could change direction of a line or arc but the machine didn't recognize it as anything different. At the end of the day I ended up getting Enroute. I was able to export out as a Legacy dxf and also change direction, clockwise or counterclockwise. Seems to work. Not really sure why my other solutions did not. Probably karma for buying an older machine and not paying the 100k for some of the newer machines.

Spiderlegs54

I tried saving in different versions of dxf files but with no difference in results. The Accubend came with 2 versions of the program. I'm guessing one is a little later version but neither would bend correctly. I tried doing an O. The later version of the program even asks if it's the inside or outside of the letter but still bends them both in the same direction. I was really confused. In Flexi, you could change direction of a line or arc but the machine didn't recognize it as anything different. At the end of the day I ended up getting Enroute. I was able to export out as a Legacy dxf and also change direction, clockwise or counterclockwise. Seems to work. Not really sure why my other solutions did not. Probably karma for buying an older machine and not paying the 100k for some of the newer machines.
Got a question. I recently purchased a used Accubend 410. I am having trouble getting getting the files I am saving over to bend in the right direction. The flange is ending up on the outside of the letter. Supposedly there is a way to make the machine interpret the letters clockwise or counter clockwise but I have yet to figure that out. The person I bought the machine from was not the user. Apparently that person is unavailable to be contacted. There were a couple of files on the computer that were left over and the machine runs those perfectly. Anything I try and save does not run correctly. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

A side question. Does anyone have the 410 manual in pdf? We bought a 410 accubend, but the manual included was for a model 26.

dimitar

Do you still have this Accubend 410. I have same from 1999 year with rotating notcher and I need software connecting computer with bender.I will appreciate any help!

Daytona386

A side question. Does anyone have the 410 manual in pdf? We bought a 410 accubend, but the manual included was for a model 26.
I would be interested in the manual for the Model 26. Please let me know if you still have it and want to part with it. 386-341-0697 Omar