• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Acid wash for trailers?

ironchef

I heard people use some kind of acid to wash trailers to take off that white chalky stuff thats on there? Any tips, comments?

jfiscus

Rap Master
I have used Ghost Off (Fellers or Advantage sells it) with good success; put a bit more in the solution than recommended, scrub it well, then wash it off.

ggsigns

Aluminum trailers are sometime cleaned with hydrofluoric acid which is extremely dangerous if not handled properly. I would avoid using acid unless you know what you're doing. This from a former chemistry teacher.

Typestries

Another go to is LA's awesome. Wet surface, spray on, scrub, let sit for 30 seconds and rinse. Try an adhesion test before and after, you'll be shocked at the difference on older trailers.

insty

I just cleaned my car trailer last weekend. I use this. Piece of cake, just follow the directions. It's available at most parts stores. I use a pump sprayer to apply.

Attachments

• IMG_5936.jpg
    IMG_5936.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 217

ironchef

Thanks guys, i used my carwash guy and he got up close and personal with it, turned out well

Attachments

• image-1020894767.jpg
    image-1020894767.jpg
    275.6 KB · Views: 161