• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions acrylic bending (heater)

bigben

I'm looking for a acrylic bending machine. I want something reliable that can do up to 1/4 thick acrylic. Not a DIY or hobby machine, but I don't want to spend 5k$ on it either. What are your suggestions? Thanks.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Ours is many years old and it was homemade. It will bend 1/4" without any problem, just take maybe 30 extra seconds. The guy who made it, showed me how to do thicker stuff, but usually that will be much larger projects, so I have the vendor do it for me. We use it several times a week and we bend an unreal amount of PVC with it.

Years ago, I made an enclosed clear acrylic box with enough room to fit two hands in. My wife used it to do her nails. When she clipped and filed, the dust and pieces would go all over, not anymore. In warmer weather, she goes out and it goes all over the grass after she blows it away.

We have all kindsa jigs made for various on-going projects.

Gene@mpls

Ben- the one you posted looks well thought out, please let us know if you get one. We are thinking strongly about a larger laser. Thanks Gene

d fleming

Had this one many years, think I paid around 400 for it. Simple but useful tool. Don't use it often but nice to have it when I do.

Attachments

• bender info.JPG
    bender info.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 148
  • bender.JPG
    bender.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 147