• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Actual Text Message with new employee.

JETBEST USA

As a previous employee of several people in different industries I can honestly tell you that I was always willing to go the extra mile for the guy whom I could have a joke with.
On the other hand for those who expected me to bow down at them I would always spend more time than needed to perform my duties.
Treat your workers right!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

vid

:ROFLMAO:

Sounds like you either have a general manager candidate, or you'll have some good stories about a guy that used to work there.

Stealth Ryder

Heh Heh Heh, this story just keeps getting better... If his work ethic is as good as his sense of humor I think you found yourself a great employee!!!

HeavyHitter

Fawking awesome... I had a guy working for me similar to this. Some days when I was serious I wanted to slap the guy then I had to remember he was trying to cheer me up a little with dry sarcasm. Great guy to have around. Make you laugh about things to keep it all in perspective.

Dan

jasonx

I wouldn't tolerate it in a professional environment.

When I worked in web design I had a personal friend employed to work on a project. We used to leave each other comments in the code such as "you my bitch" "suck it like a bitch" "whose your daddy" all to brighten up our day, etc etc

Until one day we actually forgot to comment out those remarks and when the FEMALE client was testing the system they all came out. She thought that's what we were calling her seeing that no female employees were working on this particular project. We nearly lost a major project to due us stuffing around.

My boss was furious, client was furious and trying to explain we used that language between each other was just going to make it worse.

Lesson learned.

surf city

Personally, I like this kid. I have had emplyees like this and they were excellent workers. They would joke around but, were always serious when a customer was around. Then again I have good loyal customers that when they see me they say "Hey bitch what's up". And they are the customers that always pay very well. So ya have to take it for what it is and go forward. If he shows promise and potential the. I say keep him around "bitch".