• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Add to everything else... I'm laid off

Arlo Kalon 2.0

The title about sums it up. After 4 years as a designer at biggest electric sign shop in town I was told this morning they can no longer afford to pay two artists. So they let me go and kept the 400 pound guy who comes in two hours late every day and is gonna drop dead of a coronary sometime. Go figure. Oh well, guess it's time to ramp up the summer of pinstriping I had planned a little earlier.

housemusikid

I am so sorry this has happened. :frustrated:

My time was cut to 4 days a week and that sucks! Just keep your head up and maybe they will realize they got rid of the wrong person!

threeputt

That's too bad. At the electrical sign shop I worked at, a million years ago, they had to let one of the sketch artists go (that's what they were called way back in the seventies) and he re-applied at the same company as a salesmen.

Did ok as I remember too.

But tough break for you. Sorry.

GypsyGraphics

maybe these will work better than the flowers

clovers4arlo.jpg

J

john1

Hang in there Arlo! You seem to be a trooper in this thing we all call life and there is good money in pinstriping so go for it!

Arlo Kalon 2.0

I always thought you had your own shop. Am I right in assuming it has to do with all your health issues?

I've opened and closed shop so many times I lost count. Each time it was health related. I'd have a surgery and be out of commission for several months and have to close. I had a Martin 150th Anniversary acoustic guitar I sent back to the plant to have a hand selected top put on it. Had $3300 in it and had to sell it for $1000 after a surgery where we needed the money for a house payment. I've lost so much from all these gut surgeries - 18 years of what should have been the best income producing years of my life. But I've never given up - not once. You still can't tell by looking at me I've ever had a problem.

jiarby

Wow..

You criticizing the other guy because he may drop dead any second makes me LOL!
No offense intended, I hope you find work soon.

RMXGRAPHIX

If you ever get up to Wisconsin a good friend of mine puts on a car show of 1964 and earlier cars. And for the last few years its starting to take off very well, even American Pickers filmed there this sumer. You can check it out at symcoshakedown.com Like i said if your interested I will see what I can do and observe something I have been never been able to do Hand Lettering and pinstriping