• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Adding address numbers to an existing monument

imajenn

Hello,

Need suggestions on how to add address numbers to an existing monument sign. It will be 3 addresses (1172, 1180, and 1188). Thanks!

Screenshot 2022-06-01 083251.jpg

Bradley Signs

Bradley Signs
Do you mean, "how to fasten them to the sign", or "where to put them?"

As far as where, small and between the ECHO.CHURCH and the bottom red line for the logo is about the only choice.

As far as how, depends on what it's made of?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Just sticking the numbers on there willie-nillie might get you out of a jam, but how do those numbers fit it with the names already on there ?? Also, if it's backlit, wouldn't you think they should light up also, if someone thinks they're important enough to put them on in the first place ??

jochwat

Graphics Department
Just sticking the numbers on there willie-nillie might get you out of a jam, but how do those numbers fit it with the names already on there ?? Also, if it's backlit, wouldn't you think they should light up also, if someone thinks they're important enough to put them on in the first place ??
If they were put on in the first place, he wouldn't be in this situation. [Groucho Marx emoji]

Gino

Premium Subscriber
That's not what I meant.

If those numbers represent the three names mentioned, how does putting them anywhere on the face, above it or on the posts help anyone ?? It's a dumb thing to request. And dumber to tell someone you'll figure something out.
Now, if they represent three other/or new locations, it's still a dead end.

That is why I said, it's time to explain to the customer this is a bad idea and revamp the entire thing..... or just let it go. No matter what you do, unless it's the law to have numbers on a sign...... it's just gonna be confusing... for anyone.

If there's a mistake made, then make the patch look like it belongs somehow. Going bonkers with the numbers, not matching the style of the sign itself, by not being backlit or identify anything just plain s^cks..... and it'll look it

unclebun

Gino, everything you said is valid. But the fact is stuff like this is done to meet local 911 addressing requirements. It has nothing to do with identifying or finding the various businesses. So just randomly putting numbers on the structure, as long as they meet the minimum size requirement, suffices for satisfying the law.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
I would add them to the top similar to how Billct2 showed. There are plenty of ways to do it that look good and not like an afterthought.

I see this frequently around Dallas. There are often clusters of buildings set off the road and there's no way to see the addresses that are on the buildings from the road. So the numbers are placed on the monument sign(s) so people (customers, emergency response, etc) can locate the desired address. The numbers get you onto the property, directional signs get you to the correct building.

Some municipalities require the numbers and dictate the size, etc. on both signage and the buildings.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Those kinda signs around here are supposed to be a certain size and in reflective..... also for the fire department hook up type signs, so I imagine 911 is somewhat the same. Around here, they are to be 6" in some cases.

Where I live, they are 2" tall, but are supposed to be reflective.

gnubler

More importantly, who requested and approved the usage of Papyrus font? That should be the first to go.