• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Advice? Perf keeps eating my printheads

HTown

Hey y'all

Was hoping someone could help me with an issue that was just brought to my attention.

The other day our designer was replacing the Y/M Printhead on our HP Latex 365 and decided to show me the old one. It's pretty torn up, which, of course, is why he was replacing it.

PrintheadDMG2.jpg
PrintheadDMG4.jpg
PrintheadDMG.jpg

He then mentioned that the damage almost always happens when we print on window perf (Briteline 80/20) and that the perf has eaten something like 3-5 printheads! He doesn't know what to do about it.

Does anyone have any solutions or advice for this that I can pass along? We get a lot of window perf orders so we're beyond the point of just eating the cost for one or two bad prints and printheads.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• PrintheadDMG4.jpg
    PrintheadDMG4.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 56
Hey y'all

Was hoping someone could help me with an issue that was just brought to my attention.

The other day our designer was replacing the Y/M Printhead on our HP Latex 365 and decided to show me the old one. It's pretty torn up, which, of course, is why he was replacing it.

He then mentioned that the damage almost always happens when we print on window perf (Briteline 80/20) and that the perf has eaten something like 3-5 printheads! He doesn't know what to do about it.

Does anyone have any solutions or advice for this that I can pass along? We get a lot of window perf orders so we're beyond the point of just eating the cost for one or two bad prints and printheads.

Thanks in advance!
Make sure that the media is attached to the take-up reel with the TUR dancer bar engaged to provide forward tension on the media. Use the 365 edge guards as window perf always has rough edges.

Z SIGNS

It's not rocket science. Briteline window perf is notorious for this. You are doing a disservice, on all fronts, to yourself and your customers by using the cheap stuff. Buy the good stuff. Problem solved.