• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Advice to remove vinyl residue

Does anyone have any advice on what's best to use to remove vinyl residue from a metal sign? Everything I am using removes the paint color in addition to the residue. Thanks

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I have pretty good luck with a Wagner steam wallpaper remover. It runs about $50 at Home Depot or Lowes.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Orange Peel solvent and an old squeegee or a Little Chiseler. Squirt on some orange peel, let it sit for a minute or two, then scrape off the residue and wipe the squeegee in a paper towel. It comes off like really sticky snot.

Jillbeans

Rapid Remover is fantastic.
There is also a product you can get in a smaller spray can at Advanced Auto Parts simply called Label and Sticker Remover.
It's $3.99 and has a black and purple label, made in Canada.
Goo Gone will work too but it takes a lot of elbow grease.
Goof Off will remove paint, so don't buy it.
Love....Jill

Shovelhead

Rapid Remover is fantastic.
There is also a product you can get in a smaller spray can at Advanced Auto Parts simply called Label and Sticker Remover.
It's $3.99 and has a black and purple label, made in Canada.
Goo Gone will work too but it takes a lot of elbow grease.
Goof Off will remove paint, so don't buy it.
Love....Jill

...and remove the shine from acrylic. :banghead: