• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Affordable VOC air quality monitor?

Dukenukem117

Does anyone know an affordable air quality monitor sensor that can detect outgassing from vinyl banners? Our HP Latex creates very strong fumes because of the high curing temperature required, and we are planning to get some industrial air scrubbers. But I want to make sure its doing a good enough job. I would feel more comfortable if I didn't have to depend on my nose since its easy to acclimate to a smell and not notice it.

Dukenukem117

But wouldn't I also be poisoned until the canary dies? I might have 10x the HP of the canary, but that still means losing 10% of my health before I realize I'm in trouble.

rjssigns

Check with your local HVAC company. Many will have a super accurate VOC monitoring device. I'm sure they'd come out for an hourly fee. Note: their monitor will be absolutely accurate as they require a yearly subscription and certification.

There are also health and safety consultants that can fit you and your employees with miniature VOC/air quality monitors. This was S.O.P. at my old job. Those monitors are also super accurate and certified.

California should have tons of these organizations.

Dukenukem117

Check with your local HVAC company. Many will have a super accurate VOC monitoring device. I'm sure they'd come out for an hourly fee. Note: their monitor will be absolutely accurate as they require a yearly subscription and certification.

There are also health and safety consultants that can fit you and your employees with miniature VOC/air quality monitors. This was S.O.P. at my old job. Those monitors are also super accurate and certified.

California should have tons of these organizations.

Thanks! Ya, there are so many on Amazon that I can't tell which ones I need for this in particular. I didn't want to spend $4k on one if I didn't have to.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
But wouldn't I also be poisoned until the canary dies? I might have 10x the HP of the canary, but that still means losing 10% of my health before I realize I'm in trouble.

First, ya hafta get enough canaries for the job. Ya also need to set up a living encampment for them, so they can breed more, instead of importing all those illegals. You'd be surprised of the lung capacity one of those things has. Ya ever hear one sing ?? They're frickin loud. That's cause of their huge lungs and ability to take in copious amounts of air. So, with more of them, on the job, theyll not only warn you, they'll save you.

Sure beats going out and buying all that worthless equipment.

Dukenukem117

First, ya hafta get enough canaries for the job. Ya also need to set up a living encampment for them, so they can breed more, instead of importing all those illegals. You'd be surprised of the lung capacity one of those things has. Ya ever hear one sing ?? They're frickin loud. That's cause of their huge lungs and ability to take in copious amounts of air. So, with more of them, on the job, theyll not only warn you, they'll save you.

Sure beats going out and buying all that worthless equipment.

Maybe I can use baby ones with more sensitive lungs and weaker constitutions so that they die faster and provide earlier warning.