• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Airless paint sprayer

Mainframe

Maybe if you had guys working down in a tank to clean up a valve in there or down in a ship or up high touching up a gutter or facia it might be worth it to speed up the job. this thing could pay for itself real fast if it would reduce reduce man hours hauling up a bigger set up.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Old Paint
it was probably developed to take care of the rust on the International Space Station by the government and now they are offering it to the general public at a NASA price.....

wayne k
guam usa

rjssigns

It's for people that have never had the pleasure of cleaning out 50' or 100' of paint line. I know firsthand since I own a Binks Falcon. In a production shop I can see where that would pay for itself within a month. For us simple sign guys not so much.

Its apparent none of you have ever priced a top shelf spray gun from Iwata or DeVilbiss both of which need a compressor.:covereyes:

Andy D

That's what I was thinking, it would be great for field work. Maybe they will have $150 Dewalt version in a year or two...

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
An airless spray rig is essentially a high pressure paint pump. Paint is incredibly abrasive and if that pump is not fashioned from some rather expensive and exotic materials it will wear out in short order. That's why you see el cheapo airless rigs with warnings about limited use. A good commercial grade airless rig will set you back what would seem to be a lot of money compared to, say, something from Harbor Freight. You get what you pay for.

OldPaint

HVLP is another animal compared to an AIRLESS SPRAYER. and yes bob is right. cheap ones dont last long without a rebuild. these are great for large areas. i painted my house in sarasota, painted all the "red steel" of my metal building white.......before i hung any metal sheets. wanted the red steel to match the white insulation. it has this look.........so much nicer.

Attachments

• pottery 099s.jpg
    pottery 099s.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 87
  • pottery 063.JPG
    pottery 063.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:

Jwalk

This appears to be an hvlp as others have said.. Two different completely things.

To do a wall mural,,, I don't know it says it can spray a gallon on a charge.. Think it would have to be a very specialized job..

Graco does have a cordless airless for around 600. I have an airless and hvlp turbine,,, also a compressor and hvlp guns for compressor.

It can get a little tight on a boom lift with an airless or compressor.

OldPaint

WELL..........this what the add says:
Features: Delivers Same Pro Quality Finish As Graco's Professional Airless Sprayers, Sprays Material As Designed By The Paint Manufacturer - No Thinning Required, Consistent, Even Spray Pattern for One Pass Coverage, Procontrol Achieve The Best Spray Finish with Thin and Thick Materials By Simply Adjusting The Pressure,
so iam seeing AIRLESS rather then HVLP.

Jwalk

WELL..........this what the add says:
Features: Delivers Same Pro Quality Finish As Graco's Professional Airless Sprayers, Sprays Material As Designed By The Paint Manufacturer - No Thinning Required, Consistent, Even Spray Pattern for One Pass Coverage, Procontrol Achieve The Best Spray Finish with Thin and Thick Materials By Simply Adjusting The Pressure,
so iam seeing AIRLESS rather then HVLP.

Oh yeah. Looks like I had my head up my *** yet again... Don't know why is 2g. I definitely wouldn't pay 2gs so I can spray a gallon on one charge. Hvlp that gallon goes a lot longer. An airless will eat a gallon...?

This is the one I was talking about.

http://www.amazon.com/Graco-Cordless-Handheld-Airless-Sprayer/dp/B004ZGWDM8

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Oh yeah. Looks like I had my head up my *** yet again... Don't know why is 2g. I definitely wouldn't pay 2gs so I can spray a gallon on one charge. Hvlp that gallon goes a lot longer. An airless will eat a gallon...?

...Before you can get your finger off the trigger...

OldPaint

in the pics of my shop, just paining the red steel.......WITH AN HIGH END ELECTRIC AIRLESS
TOOK 10 GALS(2-5gal buckets)!!!!!!!!!