• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Alloy Mill Finish Aluminum - Does it need to be clear coated?

CanuckSigns

[/LIST]

I have a CNC, but still order aluminum letters from gemini - its not worth the wear and tear on MY machine

:thumb:

I have cut (1/2") aluminum ONCE on my machine, but only because they were too large for gemini to polish

We don't have a CNC, but the last company I worked at did, and we still ordered aluminum letters from Gemini, by the time you cut, drill/tap, paint or clear coat, make a pattern, you are better off ordering from Gemini

Marlene

if you request a quote from Gemini, the quote has the lead time printed on the top of the quote. jsut got one from them yesterday and my lead time is 4-8 working days. I don't have to buy a thing to get a lead time. when doing the brushed letters, even the clear coat isn't great for outdoors as the letters looks blacken and stained after a few years. I understand GCs wanting things fast but no sense in putting out somehting that hasn't been done right just to get a job done.

visual800

Oh I love that word....GC! That explains it a lot better. I still say for the best product they wait or send them packing. No ammount of rush fee will subside the stress of this