• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Alron Slx With Flite?

Christian @ 2CT Media

I got a quote of $850/kit... Only thing I don't like so far is it seems really easy to close the air channels like the old 180c pattern. The few sample pieces I have I was easily able to trap air, but the adhesive is alot closer to Avery now where it's not aggressive at all.

We have installed a few rolls in the last couple months testing it out for our supplier. We have wrapped several trailers, box trucks, and 2 SUV's with it. The air comes out great, no issues like with the 180c. Its initial tack is actually kinda scary in how little it adheres. Even after squeegeeing you can pretty easily pick it up. Once on, it seems to stay nicely so far. It prints well on both a latex 570 and a roland XR640. They say it should not matter with the solvent and getting gummy, and from what we printed with it seems to hold true. Although I will say that we did not print a very heavily color saturation on it. Only problem we had with the tack of it was doing a bumper, and once stuck down on one side and trying to stretch it around it did not want to hold well without someone actually helping hold it. It would pull free fairly easily.

rjssigns

We have installed a few rolls in the last couple months testing it out for our supplier. We have wrapped several trailers, box trucks, and 2 SUV's with it. The air comes out great, no issues like with the 180c. Its initial tack is actually kinda scary in how little it adheres. Even after squeegeeing you can pretty easily pick it up. Once on, it seems to stay nicely so far. It prints well on both a latex 570 and a roland XR640. They say it should not matter with the solvent and getting gummy, and from what we printed with it seems to hold true. Although I will say that we did not print a very heavily color saturation on it. Only problem we had with the tack of it was doing a bumper, and once stuck down on one side and trying to stretch it around it did not want to hold well without someone actually helping hold it. It would pull free fairly easily.

Cool. Thanks for posting.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
Just printed and laminated our first roll on the L560. After laminating, my production guy said, "Hey, come look at this"..to which I said uh-oh.
It seems to be lifting up along the edges (tunneling). See Pic. Anyone else see this? Shouldn't be a problem once off the backer.

Attachments

• tunneling.jpg
    tunneling.jpg
    400 KB · Views: 597

MikePro

saw it in action at the ISA show, neat stuff. slides around on the panel without sticking, until you apply pressure.

however, I've always been one to wait a year before getting excited about any "new" media. let others do the beta testing for me.
I'm still printing/wrapping with Arlon DPF6000XRP with great success, with zero failures over the past few years.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
saw it in action at the ISA show, neat stuff. slides around on the panel without sticking, until you apply pressure.

however, I've always been one to wait a year before getting excited about any "new" media. let others do the beta testing for me.
I'm still printing/wrapping with Arlon DPF6000XRP with great success, with zero failures over the past few years.

Yeah, I typically wait too...but it's on special this month for like $850 kit. Figured I'd try it out on some not so vital stuff.

ams

From what I've heard from others it's annoying and frustrating for vehicle wraps. When you go around a tight curve, it doesn't stick. Personally I haven't tried it, but from others, certain applications can be annoying.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
So...after doing a few wraps with it...I'll probably stick to Avery 1105. They pendulum swung too far in the non-aggressive initial tack and as stated earlier, when wanting to tack it somewhere to hold...it won't. The adhesive sets after awhile...but until then...it's just floating on top. I think I like SOME initial tack.
I don't dislike it and wasn't expecting it to be as good as it was...but It just feels too.....think of an adhesive layer I guess. I'll keep watching to see what others are saying.

MichaelAlmand

So...after doing a few wraps with it...I'll probably stick to Avery 1105. They pendulum swung too far in the non-aggressive initial tack and as stated earlier, when wanting to tack it somewhere to hold...it won't. The adhesive sets after awhile...but until then...it's just floating on top. I think I like SOME initial tack.
I don't dislike it and wasn't expecting it to be as good as it was...but It just feels too.....think of an adhesive layer I guess. I'll keep watching to see what others are saying.

Thank you for your post. What is the bundle of Avery do you use? (longtime 3M user, looking for a change)

MichaelAlmand

Thank you for your post. What is the bundle of Avery do you use? (longtime 3M user, looking for a change)

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
Do you like the 1060 over the 1360?

I like that it has a longer life expectancy. i don't have issues with it in recesses with my install techniques.
The funny thing about this industry that most shops either don't understand or aren't honest with their customers about is the life expectancy of their wraps.
EX: they say "We use 10 year vinyl" or something like that. But...that is un-printed and the laminate lifespan is usually half the vinyl lifespan. So if you consider the weakest link in the wrap...it's the ink, then laminate, then vinyl.
Not to mention the removeability of it. Shops should never use language like (10 year material). At best it's ignorance, at worst it's dishonest.

mikesign

Have done 4 Nissan NV 200's with the SLX. Prints nice and install is a breeze. Cost for the kit in South Florida is 825.00. I will continue to use it.

jon vital

We've used it on a number of jobs now, had no issues or failures. One customer wanted to change something on a vehicle after a couple of weeks so we had to remove a panel. It peels off like a removeable vinyl using no heat. So it's kind of worrying how easy it goes on and comes off but, like I say no issues with lifting at all so far so we will carry on with it.