• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Alternative to dry erase board

signgirl

Was wondering what other substrates there are out there that can be used as a dry erase board. I was thinking alupanel has a flat side that may work and I’ll experiment tomorrow with the makers. Just looking for options.
Thanks in advance!

rjssigns

Foam PVC with Crayola waterbase markers works a treat. I use this combo to make reusable name boards for limo companies.

10sacer

Was wondering what other substrates there are out there that can be used as a dry erase board. I was thinking alupanel has a flat side that may work and I’ll experiment tomorrow with the makers. Just looking for options.
Thanks in advance!
Any flat board material will work with a dry erase laminate on it. Have used foamcore, PVC, Ultra board, styrene, aluminum composite panel to create these.

Superior_Adam

We print in reverse on acrylic and flood with white. If you print on the front a laminate would be needed as cleaning sucks if not.

10sacer

Thanks in advance!
The paintable dry erase product is horrible if you have no way to spray it for smooth, even coverage and it stinks indoors for quite awhile.

signgirl

We just added lines to a prepainted sheet of 040 for a job board. If I'm not mistaken, most ACM materials like alupanel are satin finish, which tend to hold onto the color more than gloss.
For doing chalkboard, just laminate with matte films.
Alupanel has a gloss side and a matte side. Thanks much!

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing

Our standard low cost removable gloss vinyl has a really good dry erase coating on it.

All our magnets have the same coating.

Just so you are aware.