• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Aluminum laminate signage help

long Liu

Hello, hopefully everyone stays safe.

recently, I received one request to make this signage, I got vinyl cutting, I bellevue that I can stick the vinyl on the aluminum laminate.

but aluminum laminate attach to what material, and how it attach to the wall?

Can I use HDU?

thanks
Long

Attachments

• WeChat Image_20200530233117.jpg
    WeChat Image_20200530233117.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 413

bannertime

Just to add; that sign has routed out letters with colored material attached behind it. It's not just vinyl on the sign.

long Liu

I see, cabinet or raceway could be in aluminum?

then, the aluminum laminate attach to the raceway?

thanks
long

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Just to add; that sign has routed out letters with colored material attached behind it. It's not just vinyl on the sign.
How do you figure? That looks to me like just cut vinyl on brushed silver ACM. No dimension to the letters at all.

bannertime

How do you figure? That looks to me like just cut vinyl on brushed silver ACM. No dimension to the letters at all.

Hmm, I took another look. I thought I saw some shadows on the inside of the letters. When I zoomed in those dark areas disappeared. So yeah, looks like simple vinyl.

bannertime

Is your monitor input/ PC output VGA by chance? :D

Funny enough, it actually was! My design monitor was HDMI and my secondary was VGA and I normally have S101 in a browser on my secondary. I actually just got my new main monitor in last week!