• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ANAGRAPH AE 75E and Anaplot--No Communication

Mal

I gave up on the AE 60E, and found an absolutely pristine AE 75E online. We drove six hours to pick it up, came with PC computer and Casmate software. Here's the thing: I work in Corel draw. I'm used to anaplot. I don't really have the time at the moment to learn to use the Casmate. We installed Anaplot 3.4 on to the computer, and it works, it accepts my corel files once exported as ai files, just as my old system did. But when I go to plot it says there's no communication between the plotter and computer, suggesting an unplugged cable or the plotter's not on. I can't fix this. Significantly, It plots through that same serial port with the Casmate, but won't recognize the existence of the plotter through Anaplot. Any one have any advice???? It's a beautiful machine, and I need it to run as it should. Please advise....Mal (pulling her hair out)

SignManiac

Spend $200 for cocut. I have an AE-101 plus the AE-70 and drive through Corel. Works good and will save you the aggravation.

round man

you don't say what type pf port you are trying to connect to but I woud sugest a dedicated com(serial) port,....secondly make sure the port settings are proper(baud rate, data bits and handshake,etc,..) third make sure you are using a null modem and or rs-232c compliant cable,....make sure the plotter is online before you send any files to it to be cut,...if the plotter is working properly it should function once you have these parameters correct,....

Mal

Update to AE 75E problem

Thanks folks, for the advice. We spent several days exploring every front and back-door way to solve the communication problem, and we were about to try to navigate the casmate program when the computer that was loaded with it blew up. Possibly the video card, I dunno. BUT, in an act of 11th hour desperation, my son downloaded a trial version of cocut, on our last machine standing, and miracle of miracles, it works! We're back up and running, and I'm still able to design in Corel, where I'm comfortable. Now I'm looking forward to using the bigger cutter, after many years with the 24''. I'm tempted to retry the AE60E on the cocut machine now...who knows, it might have been a software issue on the old anaplot machine. But only if our son Tom is standing right there to fix any new quirks, lol.

Thanks again, Mal

Mal

And I'll be buying it as soon as the trial wears out. Nice to have a program recognize the hardware without all the bullsh*t. And sooo glad we had a kid to think around it all.:thumb: